1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richer Sounds price for fs2 AV ?!?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by eAvatar, Jan 20, 2003.

1. eAvatar

eAvatar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I'm putting together a cheap(ish) home cinema setup and thought that the fs2 AV set would serve quite well as a basic 5.1 system.

Looking through the Feb issue of What Hi-Fi I found the Richer Sounds sale section, with an advert for the fs2AV package at £349.95. Yet when I called in to my local store today, they quoted me £449.95 for the fs2, and £399.95 for the fs1!

Looking again the advert, at the bottom of the page it says that some of the offers are exclusive to What Hi-Fi magazine and to quote the add when calling. Do you think I'd be able to get the same offer in store, as they have them in stock and I'd prefer to buy over the counter?

Cheers, Steve.

2. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think RS are more trustworth than most, but I'd be tempted to call the store, check the stock, ask them to reserve one, DON'T mention the ad or the price, and take the mag with you when you go to collect.

regards
    Paul

3. eAvatar

eAvatar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A cunning plan... I like it!

Cheers, Steve.

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    richer will always honour the whf price as long as you ask for it.

5. eAvatar

eAvatar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, well, I'll probably call in later this week and ask about it, but take the magazine with me just in case.

Cheers, Steve.

6. kamza

kamza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Nice one Steve...I'm in the same situation as you in that I'm setting up an av system and was wondering what sub/sat's to buy.

Just phoned the Glasgow store of RS and they've confirmed that they'll honour the WHF price so long as I take in the mag...

Decisions decisions...

7. eAvatar

eAvatar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yes, putting together a AV system from scratch is quite a job! Especially if your current "AV System" comprises one 14" portable TV. And most annoyingly, my budget has doubled since I started reading these forums!

Current design spec: Nokia 221T Digibox & Philips 963sa DVD player connected to a 42" Panny Plasma, with a Yamaha RX-V630RDS amp & Mission fs2 AV speakers handling the sound. Oh, and an X-Box running through the digibox's aux scart and also plugged into the amp. And don't get me started on the cabling!

Cheers, Steve.