1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richer Sounds on the web...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by damienb, Jun 14, 2001.

1. damienb

damienb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone bought anything, but particually amps from the Richer Sounds web site before? I don't like the idea myself, but they are selling the Yamaha DSPAX620 on the web for £333 inc delivery, but for £379.95 in the stores. If you have had any probs with purchasing from them on the web, please let me know... ;)

Thanks,

Damien

2. damienb

damienb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently if you go to the shop you can get it for the internet price plus £10, but if it is a bargain it will probably be out of stock and they will try to flog you some sherwood ****e

4. saggu1

saggu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fartpants

Please confirm whether Richersounds charge £10 or 10% on top of the internet price??..my experience is that they have always charged me 10%!!!

have I been outdone here?? :mad: :eek:

5. damienb

damienb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked RS to price match their web site, and they told me 10%, so I think you are safe mate.

Damo

6. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I don't think i'd order anything from Richer off the web because i've tried to order a catalogue TWICE and i still have not had one
    !!, Maybe they are better with more expensive items but it doesn't fill me with confidence if they can't get the little things right!

:mad:

7. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never ordered anything from richer sounds except catalogue which came within a week, and and updated one month or so later.
    the guy in the local hi-fi store isn't too sure of them says he's heard a mixed bag of reports - seems they can be quite cheap for some things but average or marginally <par for most and usually run out of stock.

try calling them first to check if item is in stock first.

8. faithless

faithless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all :)

On the 27th i placed a order for the DSP AX620, six days later and not a thing, not even a e-mail to say whats goin on.Sent richer an e-mail today asking what the prob is.Will let you know how i get on.I hope it will be here tomorrow.Not impressed at all :(

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think that the yamaha amps are a bit hard to get a hold of at the moment :(

10. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there just thought i would put in my 2 pence worth. I wanted a set of black Eltax symphony speakers for my setup, the online deal was too good to be true £238 ish I think...anyway the offer was in a beech colour, which my bedroom decor is not. So I did not think it unreasonable to ask for them in black...not like its a model up or anything is it? But all i got from the mail order 'Sales Advisors' was a load of bo****ks on how they can't change the deal....then i rang back later and some other 'Sales Advisor' told me they could change the deal...???? What the fudge is going on there? How can one 'Sales Advisor' tell u one thing and then another tell u the exact opposite? I was annoyed!!! BIG TIME. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I found most - not all - but most, sales advisors on the mail order line would match the online prices, despite the fact that they claim to be an online only offer. In the end I got what 'I' wanted not what they had left in stock...simply through ringing and a lot of agro over the phone...just for a black set of speakers!!!

In Richersounds defence however, i feel that their prices are excellent...just a shame their online and mail order customer service agents can be a bit condescending (u know who u r :mad :) and plain annoying...still keep up the good work :D :D :D

Yours Sincerely,

Anne Robinson. ;)

11. faithless

faithless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi :)

When they run out of stock richers removes the buy button of the product don't they?
    I managed to place a order although i checked the site 5-6 hours later to find they were out of stock.Maybe when i placed my order they had already run out of stock buy had noy updated the site? But if thats true why have i not had a e-mail from them.It says in the confirmation e-mail i got

"We make every effort to deliver to your door within five working days of placing this order. However if there are any problems with your order we will let you know immediately, by phone or Email"

But i'll forgive them if the damn thing comes today!

Cya :)

12. saggu1

saggu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also am having great trouble with RicherSounds..i sent dem an email about my order...check dis!!!..it includes his reply!!

Subject: Disappointing and misleading delivery information

Dear Mr DaPunani

I have tried to answer your questions as fairly and honestly as possible and
    I am very sorry for the problems you are having please give me a call on the
    number below and ill see if i can do anything to get the goods to you
    quicker. (answers under questions)

original email:

I am very disappointed to find out from one of your internet sales staff that my order will NOT be delivered in 5 working days as mentioned on your web-site.

I placed my order on Tuesday 26th June and after enquiring the date of delivery, I was told that it will be delivered on Thursday 5th July.

This is not really five days is it?

I was told it took your administrative staff a couple of days to process my order and hence, Thursday the 28th June was the date that the order was noted by your staff and not Tuesday 26th June. Please correct
    me if I am wrong but 5 days from Thursday 28th June is Weds 4th July

I have just now had a call from one of your sales staff informing me that the item is now out of stock and I will have to wait until Friday the 13th July for it to be delivered (if im lucky!!)!!!!!!!!

I have some questions that need answering:

1. Why do you display FALSE info on the net stating that the order is delivered in 5 working days when order is placed??

reply:
    Our website states we try to deliver within 5-7 working days this is
    not a contract and we do deliver 98% of parcels within this window, sometimes
    couriers loose or damage or misdirect parcels as well as problems with stock
    we do occasionally deliver late and we would normally refund the delivery which we can do in this case.

2. Why do you you state that items are in stock when
    they are NOT!..(i made the order on 26th June and the
    item was clearly in stock!)

reply:
    We cannot redesign the website taking every line off and putting it back on when it comes back in as we pay a hosting company and the work and cost involved would be massive, also if we didn't advertise our full range,when items came into stock we would have difficulty selling it as we would not of been advertising it, but we do try to show them as out of stock where applicable and in a week or two the site will be automated to tell you when
    you place the order whether you will get one or not.

3. Why does it take a few days for the order to be processed and hence adds on another few days on top of the five days stated for the item to be delivered on date of order??

reply:
    We are at fault here, usually we download the orders from the previous day and process within 24 hours, but we have been abnormally busy this summer and are short staffed due to holidays and sickness, which whilst this
    doesn't excuse a drop in service, is a legitimate reason which we are addressing this week by taking on extra staff.

4. Why was I told that my order would be delivered on Thursday 5th July yesterday and now i've been told that it wont??

reply:
    The only reason i can think this may of happened is that we did a stock take
    last week which has revealed discrepancies within our system and that the system has shown stock we do not have.

Can you please shed some light on the unprofessional
    attitude taken by your sales team??

reply:
    Whilst I can only apologise for the problems we have caused and offer to refund delivery and do you a better price on anything else you may require, our sales staff have called you on every occasion to apologise and keep
    you informed of the delay, and although I can imagine how frustrating this is,
    the unprofessional thing would have been not to inform you.

Going forward ,can you NOT mislead the public oninformation and promises you cannot really keep.

reply:
    One of our company policies is to under promise and over deliver but our
    delivery statement is not a promise it simply says we try and we do make
    every effort but we are only human and occasionally mistakes are made
    but if you would like to call me direct on 0207 378 5890 and I'll try to
    compensate you in some way and resolve any other problems you may have.

Kindest Regards,

Mark (customer service manager)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. faithless

faithless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi :) Meluv

No amp today for me :( Looks like i might be waiting a while.I sent richer a e-mail asking for the delivery charge to be waived seems thats not a problem so its not too bad but i'll be even happier if they also knock some money off the amp or gimmie some speaker cable for free :) Yet to get a reply from them yet despite two e-mails.Also i noticed in your post that the richer guy said 5-7 days delivery time yet in the confirm e-mail it says:

"We make every effort to deliver to your door within five working days of placing this order. However if there are any problems with your order we will let you know immediately, by phone or Email."

And they have failed to do both so far!

Let me know how you get on

Cya

[ 05-07-2001: Message edited by: faithless ]

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds = Lowest common denominator in HiFi/A.V retail outlets.
    I am now fortunate enough to be in the position of not being in the market for any single item that they sell, however over previous years for myself when starting out and even quite recently for friends and family i have experienced nothing but bare faced lying and utter ignorance on a technical bases to therir products. I have had to suffer weeks of delay while always being told it will be here on "Thursday" and instances of "you don't want that sir,, why not have the Sherwood/Eltax/Cambridge etc etc" as if i have absolutely no idea of what it is i want !
    Never trust a R.S salesman (i have it on good authority they receive excellent commission on their "in-house" brands).
    Even if i was in their "market" I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT SPEND A SINGLE BLOODY PENNY THERE - EVER - REGARDLESS!
    AVOID LIKE THE PROVERBIAL PLAGUE - unless they actually have the product YOU want staring you in the face (on the shelf).

Regards.

SteveEX

15. robarltrop

robarltrop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Used Richer, via their web site, for the first time ever last week and had no problems. Ordered the yamaha 620 on the 26-Jun and had it delivered on the Friday.

16. saggu1

saggu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ro

I ordered mine on the same day!!!!..still aint got it!!

The bare faced cheek!! :mad: :mad:

17. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve, no wonder they tried to talk me out of my Mission 700's i wanted. This sheds a whole new light on R S for me.!

Taz. :cool:

18. faithless

faithless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have given up and cancelled the order.Its been thirteen days since i placed the order, i have sent three e-mails in that time and have not received a reply at all since the initial confirmation e-mail.Im sure i'll find a better amp elsewhere.

Shop elsewhere.

19. saggu1

saggu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Me recent email to the fools at RS. Thought I'd keep you guys updated!

RE: Disappointing and misleading delivery, FAO Mark (Customer Service Mgr)
    To: sales@richersounds.com

Mark

If I am not mistaken, this is my 4th email to
    Richersounds and I still haven't had a response from you in regard to the previous two nor from my phone calls.

I still have not received my amp which YOU promised would reach me by last Friday.

I am pretty p****d off with the attitude which you and your team have shown, and feel that your compenstaion offer of waiving the delivery charge (which still has
    not been refunded) is NOT enough.

I will await your call this morning.

Mr Meluv 'munchin' DaPunani

:eek:

20. saggu1

saggu1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to keep u guyz updated again,
    I still aint got me AMP yet!!! :mad: :mad:

Any suggestions on what I can do besides cancelling me order?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: