Richer Sounds OLED warranty warning - Solved

Yeah Q90R, must say i am delighted with it. Was a bit worried it wouldn't be as good as the OLED but the quality is just as good if not better with the colours.

Interesting. I've always found QLEDs have a grey filter type effect on the colours.

However, I think isolation by themselves, they look awesome. Its not as if anyone is going to own a QLED and an OLED and have them next to eachother playing content.

Interesting. I've always found QLEDs have a grey filter type effect on the colours.

However, I think isolation by themselves, they look awesome. Its not as if anyone is going to own a QLED and an OLED and have them next to eachother playing content.

Same against top End LCDs as well.

After reading 12 pages for half the day, do I even dare buy an Oled and Watch Iron man in bright Red/Yellow ever again:facepalm:

This thread got side tracked into one of the best Oled burn in or fade out debates ever online:clap:

Yeah Q90R, must say i am delighted with it. Was a bit worried it wouldn't be as good as the OLED but the quality is just as good if not better with the colours.

I had exactly the same issue (B7 screen burn, Q90R replacement) and wondered what your picture set up was? I've been using all the recommended settings and still can seem to find a picture better than my previous B7. I'm even thinking of exchanging it for the B9 instead but again still worried about burn in (I'm always really careful with the TV and was so disappointed it happened). After looking through a few threads there seems a theme of 12/18 months ownership on the 7 series LG OLED's.

Even the B8s have their issues sometimes before the 12/18 month mark but in I do feel its just like anything else hardware wise in this world you can have them go faulty at any point in time or get duff panels.

I had a very nice Samsung 40" LED panel at less than 18 months it started to form brown marks on the top panel, like it just burnt out on the top. Johnlewis repair guys were excellent popped in to see the fault and confirmed it's an 100% fault and came back in a week and half and took 10 minutes to repair it.

I could be wrong on this but I always found the old LCD panels that weighed a ton and were 3-4 inches thick to last and distance, these new LED and thinner panels and newer tech seems to fall apart within any very short random time frame.

5 year warranties and if you can burn in protection or Accidental damage are a must imo especially with today's insame tv prices.

So the Q90R is being returned! As much as I wanted to love it considering all the best in class reviews, I preferred the picture from my 2 year older B7. Spent hours trying all different kind of recommended settings but just couldn't find that sweet spot.

So have decided to give OLED another go and have gone for the Panasonic 65 GZ950. Paying more for the bump in screen size but fingers crossed it's all worth it!

Just got a 65 GZ950 last week to replace a faulty 4yr old Panny 65 CR852 LCD that could not be repaired under warranty. The set was originally supplied by Curry's. They gave me a £1050 e gift voucher (set was £1499 4+ yrs ago) so only had to put a further £750 to get the GZ950 with new 5yr warranty.

Got to say I am really impressed with the OLED, colours and blacks are A1 and a big step up from the previous set. I hope your GZ950 impresses you as they are a good buy right now as they are being replaced by the much more expensive HZ range.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom