1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richer Sounds "offers"

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by cdave, Feb 1, 2003.

1. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I see form their site and also in mags they are selling the One for All 8 Topline for the amount of £9.99. Over 75% off the add says. There are non available on the site and none in the shops I have rung. The mrrp is about £70 I think. How can they be sold so cheap?

Did anyone of the regulars manage to get one and does anyone know of a store that has one. (not for long I guess if you tell us)

2. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I went into the Birmingham store just before christmas but they had run out, the chap said they should get some more the week after, but I just came home and ordered it from richersounds.com.

A deal like that is bound to fly out the stores, best thing to do is add it to your wishlist on the site, when they get stock you'll be emailed. You could then try ringing a few stores or just order straight over the web.
    Or try emailing them, they should be able to give you an idea when they're expecting more stock.

3. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks,

I will try the .com set up. Nice to know someone got one. I just got the OFA 6 but the 8 looks better. See what I can do

Dave

4. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I've had two of these Topline 8s and neither will accept upgrades from the phone. For me, personally with my particular set up, (Tosh 36 ZP18, Tosh SD200 DVD, Sony 670 SACD, Eltax A15R Sub, Eltax Chroma speakers, Nakamichi AV10 amp, they're next to useless.

Now, can I justify to my wife, and more importantly MYSELF, the £100 cost of a Pronto? I'll decide tomorrow!

:nono: :devil: :D

5. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mine accepts upgrades fine, although I do it over the Internet rather than the phone.
    Actually I'd be surprised if it would be loud enough over the phone, I had to turn up the volume a fair bit to get it to work.

6. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    If I had only been told by One For All that I could do it over the internet!

Oh well.......a nice new Mosaic wings its way to me as I type!!