Richer Sounds Have charged me £1400 instead of a £140 what are my options

tonylfc888

Hi All

Bought a LG 55BX from them today For £939 but had £799 in store credit due to my old TV dying, So I had to pay the difference which all went through fine then 5mins later store calls back and advises me that they have accidently charged me £1400 instead :eek: and would put the refund through asap.
I didn't initially panic as I thought I got payed tomorrow and could cover my rent and if needed I could move a few things around next week an be ok till it came through, But I actually had the dates wrong(thought Sunday was the 1st) and am now in a bit of a jam so as title states is there anything I can do so I can just get the £140 to go to them an if not would I be able to claim any charges that my maybe applied due to not being able to now cover my bills

Thanks

Archie55

Novice Member
It is their problem. They will have to pay any additional charges you incur but that may not help your credit record. Get it sorted with them tomorrow.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
All you can do is phone them first thing in the morning and explain to them what you've stated here.

tonylfc888

It is their problem. They will have to pay any additional charges you incur but that may not help your credit record. Get it sorted with them tomorrow.
All you can do is phone them first thing in the morning and explain to them what you've stated here.
Thanks for the comments and its exactly what I thought but thought I should ask around and see if that was the case, Anyway I've managed to get a borrow of a family member (uncle Phils are the best) so nothing to worry about now thankfully and I can sit back any wait for Tv

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor
Hi All

Bought a LG 55BX from them today For £939 but had £799 in store credit due to my old TV dying, So I had to pay the difference which all went through fine then 5mins later store calls back and advises me that they have accidently charged me £1400 instead :eek: and would put the refund through asap.
I didn't initially panic as I thought I got payed tomorrow and could cover my rent and if needed I could move a few things around next week an be ok till it came through, But I actually had the dates wrong(thought Sunday was the 1st) and am now in a bit of a jam so as title states is there anything I can do so I can just get the £140 to go to them an if not would I be able to claim any charges that my maybe applied due to not being able to now cover my bills

Thanks

I was obviously most concerned to read of the accidental overcharge we've made and for the obvious distress and inconvenience caused. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service.

So that I may look into this happened, and put things right as soon as possible, please could you drop me a PM with your details?

Sincere apologies again, hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom