Richer Sounds Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gullh, Feb 11, 2014.

1. gullh

gullh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My 50" Panasonic Plasma was collected by a company called Yorkshire Multimedia in Bradford, on behalf of Richer Sounds.
    It was collected on 23/01/2014 and I was told that I would receive a call next day to keep me informed as to how long the repair would be.

No call next day, so I called myself on 25/01/2014, only to be told no-one has looked at it yet as it's the weekend. I was promised that someone would call me back on Monday.

Monday - 27/01/2014 - NO CALL FROM ANYONE!
    Tuesday - 28/01/2014 - I called myself, and was told that the power board is faulty and that it has been ordered from Panasonic, should be delivered on Thursday 30/1/14. I will then have the TV delivered back to me on Friday 31/1/14

Friday - 31/01/2014 - No delivery arranged, no calls received by 4:30pm, so I called Yorkshire Multimedia AGAIN........No answer!

Saturday - 01/02/2014 - Called again, and was told that the part is STILL on back order and that they will chase it up on Monday! My question being......If i had not called....would it NOT have been chased up??
    I then spoke to Richer Sounds and spoke to a guy called Roman and asked him to get on to the repairer, as I was fast losing faith!
    He spoke with them and sent me an e-mail saying that the part has been ordered and will be sent to Yorkshire Multimedia for Wednesday 05/02/14 and my repaired TV will be back in it's pride of place on Thursday 06/02/14...

Thursday - 06/02/2014 - No call to arrange delivery.....So I called YM AGAIN....Surprise, surprise, no one there knows anything about my repair and no one wants to help!!!
    So back to Richer Sounds...Usual....Apologies....will look into it and get back to you....

Tuesday - 11/02/2014 - Finally I get word from Richer Sounds.....Apparently we are now waiting for a main board from Panasonic and as soon as it arrives, TV will be repaired and me contacted to arrange delivery....
    Interestingly enough.....NO ETA.....Just.....we will arrange to have it delivered as soon as we can!

So basically, I have NO Idea when the TV will be repaired...and frankly, I'm losing patience with the whole affair...

Makes me seriously rethink whether to use Richer Sounds again...

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +868
    Try e-mailing Julian Richer, as he invites customers to do. And mention avforums.

3. redaprilia

redaprilia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Repairs which involve ordering parts do take quite a few days running into weeks sometimes . If you have not had anything repaired since the days of a traditional engineer who knew his stuff calling at your house ( they are virtually extinct now ) then it comes as a shock but as RS are paying it will be fully sorted out . Patience LOL

4. gullh

gullh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That's not my issue. The lack of competence on the part of the repairers is the problem.
    I mean is it right that nothing is ordered till I call them and even then they don't seem to communicate with each other...
    That and the sheer arrogance of some of their staff in dealing with the customer (me) portraying complete nonchalance.
    I don't mind waiting for repairs as long as everything is handled efficiently and I am kept in the loop..

5. gullh

gullh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just had a call from Yorkshire Multimedia and they have said that the TV has now been repaired, BUT they can't deliver it till FRIDAY!!!
    I asked why not today?
    Reason: because we have no one in your area!!!
    I LIVE LESS THAN 2 MILES FROM THEIR SHOP!!!
    Crazy!!!!

6. gullh

gullh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    After speaking with Tom Griffiths at Richer Sounds, I finally had my TV delivered back to me on Thursday morning.....yippee.....but wait....alas a NEW problem!
    There are 4 distinct "dots" inside the screen! Very strange....I spent a good twenty minutes trying to clean them off, thinking they are on the outside! After no luck, I called Tom and explained the situation. He suggested that I take some pictures and email them to him, which I did.
    So, on to today....Yorkshire Multimedia turn up unannounced as I'm leaving for work and tell me that they have come to pick the TV up again. The representative from YM collects the TV and tells me that he will have it back to me this evening. I call Tom at RS and ask him to liase with YM to ensure that all will be taken care of today.
    5:30 pm - Speak to Tom and find that he reckons that YM can't deliver back to me till Monday at the earliest! NOT AT ALL PLEASED! Anyway he has promised to chase up YM and get back to me by 11:00 am on Monday, with a definite eta on redelivery.
    Tom, also organised a 39" TV loan model from RS in Leeds. Not quite my 50" Panny, but nevertheless a nice gesture. So the saga continues. Will update when we move forward.

7. JohnPC

JohnPC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What was the original fault on your TV ?

8. gullh

gullh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Wouldn't power on.

9. imigix

imigix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have been a customer of the Leeds RS for over 28yrs and have always taken out their exstended warranty and indeed have availed of the services an odd time of the repair company you mention and I too are only a couple of miles away.

I can say without fear of contradiction that RS are by far the best nation retailor of AV equipment in Britain the customer is regarded as king nothing is too much trouble, now repair companys do not have staff " on a coat hook behind a door waiting for you to call "

You have to give them a little leaway they cannot be every where at the same time and cannot stock every spare.

Did you buy on line or from a branch ? if the mannager at the branch or customer service has fallen short of the companys high standard contact Julian Richer his details will be found on your receit documents, he deels personally with any complaints.

I am sure you will be in the end very happy, it does sound to me though that you may not have had to deel with some of the other high street retailers with a problem, then you would be in trouble !!!

10. gullh

gullh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Right then...Update.

TV delivered back to me yesterday (17-02-2014) and this time it was in a good clean condition.
    Powered it on - checked it out and.........
    It meets with my very high standards! :thumbsup:lol....there were a couple of tiny dots still there, but i was reassured that these would not affect the picture quality in any way. On that proviso I accepted the repair as complete....

Tom Griffiths from RS, contacted me in the evening to make sure everything was ok. He apologised for the issues that I had had and said he would send me some vouchers as a gesture of good will!
    Fantastic.....got the TV sorted and got some vouchers as an extra!:D

Got to agree with imigix that RS are remarkable! A massive thank you to the team at RS and I will definitely make sure I only buy any AV from these guys.:clap: