Richer sounds extended warranty experience

Em101

Standard Member
Has anyone had experience with their warranty repairs for TVs.(Extended warranty)
Over 3 weeks later still waiting for tv to be repaired... diagnosed fault over the phone, wait 2weeks for parts to arrive then fitted and hasn’t fixed the problem. Tv is LGB7
Now told need a new panel so taken away and probably another week at least, if it is only another week that will be a total of 4 weeks without a working TV.

Wondering what anyone else’s experience has been like.

bobbymax

How old it the TV?

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

dougieldn

Novice Member
Recent experience it was just over 6 weeks. But the TV is now getting replaced as it developed another fault.

Em101

Standard Member
No temporary replacement offered although I’m sure it used to be offered.
Crikey 6 weeks !
Oh well back to my 22 inch and binoculars!!

I’m sure if it had been collected straight away and diagnosed it would probably be repaired by now.Not the best customer service trying to diagnose faults over the phone. I know the extended warranty period of 6 years is good but I expected a more efficient service.

shagaboopon

6 weeks would usually be the cut off for replacing/writing off the unit. I would ask Richer Sounds to clarify what their time limit would be to act and then consider if legal proceedings are required. Obviously if its outside 6 weeks and the repair was finished this week I might be inclined to wait but otherwise something needs to be done.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I’m sure if it had been collected straight away and diagnosed it would probably be repaired by now.Not the best customer service trying to diagnose faults over the phone. I know the extended warranty period of 6 years is good but I expected a more efficient service.
We're in the middle of a pandemic.
You shouldn’t expect normal service during this, I know it's unfortunate but it's not the end of the world.

shagaboopon

We're in the middle of a pandemic.
You shouldn’t expect normal service during this, I know it's unfortunate but it's not the end of the world.

So what is your timescale in the current circumstances? Why should the burden of failure fall on the consumer to accept. Difficult times or not, the product has failed and as a consumer he has given them plenty of time to resolve.

Its not the customers fault they have not provisioned safe guards in this situation, especially now we are 9 months into the pandemic. Only a fool would give up their hard won consumer rights protections to help the bottom line of large retailers.

If its not inconveniencing the consumer then they may choose to work with the retailer if assurances are given but its not right to keep the issue ongoing with no reasonable justification. I would contact their customer service team and provide the dates, say you're not happy and what if any guarantees can they provide of you getting a working TV or will they reimburse you to put towards a new TV.

Em101

Standard Member
Thank you Shagaboopon for your post.

The head of customer services has rung and is trying to sort and get to the bottom of what’s happened (it’s not their engineers but third party) and assured any problems with tv after they will replace and they will also show a goodwill gesture due to ongoing situation.

Hoping won’t be too much longer as screen was delivered yesterday.🤞

shagaboopon

Thank you Shagaboopon for your post.

The head of customer services has rung and is trying to sort and get to the bottom of what’s happened (it’s not their engineers but third party) and assured any problems with tv after they will replace and they will also show a goodwill gesture due to ongoing situation.

Hoping won’t be too much longer as screen was delivered yesterday.🤞

Best of luck, they really are a great company and I doubt this will be any failing on their part but they have an obligation to ensure the service they provide is fit for purpose too so glad to hear they're taking it seriously.

Em101

Standard Member
Update on repair after screen was fitted then told it needed a new power supply .

Thank you to Richer Sounds and Tom head of customer services who have now replaced our tv with a new one.
Very happy that’s it finally sorted.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Update on repair after screen was fitted then told it needed a new power supply .

Thank you to Richer Sounds and Tom head of customer services who have now replaced our tv with a new one.
Very happy that’s it finally sorted.

That's great - what did you get?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom