Richer Sounds dissapointed OLED Burn-In handling

I don't understand why the likes of richer sounds and currys don't offer burn in policy's as an extra like John lewis. Also I don't know why manufacturers don't offer an anti burn in guarantee like Phillips with there oleds...I mean what are philips doing that the other companies aren't with their oleds

I don't understand why the likes of richer sounds and currys don't offer burn in policy's as an extra like John lewis. Also I don't know why manufacturers don't offer an anti burn in guarantee like Phillips with there oleds...I mean what are philips doing that the other companies aren't with their oleds

Is this true regarding Philips and their OLEDs? I would never pay £140 for a burn-in warranty. I've bought both my LGs at great prices. That saving would be negated if also forked out an extra £140.

If true about Pihilips, I never knew that. I've always wanted a Sony OLED and the starting prices of their new master series at launch is seriously tempting me but, there's also a new four sided ambilight Philips due in 2021.

Decisions, decisions.

I had no idea @Richer Sounds were represented on AV Forums.

At the risk of sounding like a schill (I'm not), I have said on these forums and elsewhere, time and time again, RS customer service is worth paying for alone and that's why they get my hard earned.

I hope the OPs issue is now resolved.

I havent read the small print of the Phillips guarantee.but I did see a video were they say they have burn in detection software built into there range that detects 95% of potention burn in and the logos then get dimmed to make sure it doesn't happen.ill see if I can find the video.

Last edited:
It's discussed in this video ( about 13.30 time stamp )

I havent read the small print of the Phillips guarantee.but I did see a video were they say they have burn in dection software built into there range that detects 95% of potention burn in and the logos then get dimmed to make sure it doesn't happen.ill see if I can find the video.

I reckon they must be pretty cock-sure of their product, if they offer such a guarantee.

It certainly gives me personally food for thought. A wall mounted four sided ambilight TV would look superb I reckon.

I'd make more use of and embrace the gimmick of ambilight over an acoustic panel the Sony's offer.

I havent read the small print of the Phillips guarantee.but I did see a video were they say they have burn in detection software built into there range that detects 95% of potention burn in and the logos then get dimmed to make sure it doesn't happen.ill see if I can find the video.

That's just the inbuilt software to prevent burn in issues, all modern OLEDs from LG, Sony and philips has similar named software to prevent burn in. Its been this case for past 2-3 years LG who make the OLED panels are very confident that burn in should not be possible especially on 2019+ OLED TVs.

I googled it and could not see Philips offering any burn in guarantee though.

LGs has the same tech its called logo luminance software. Sony has its own version etc

Am really unsure what Richer sounds is doing, they apparently were considering burn in insurance but then did not bother its possible they thought since LG are this confident now that burn in wont happen that the insurance was pointless.

I would have preferred they offered the burn in insurance since there is no guarantee with any tech and if Richer sounds wants to compete with John Lewis they really should offer it.

£140 john lewis insurance imo is far better then jumping through endless hoops asking Richer sounds or Currys can you help with my hardware TV fault (burn in or similar) and being told we don't cover it.

That's just the inbuilt software to prevent burn in issues, all modern OLEDs from LG, Sony and philips has similar named software to prevent burn in. Its been this case for past 2-3 years LG who make the OLED panels are very confident that burn in should not be possible especially on 2019+ OLED TVs.

I googled it and could not see Philips offering any burn in guarantee though.

LGs has the same tech its called logo luminance software. Sony has its own version etc

Am really unsure what Richer sounds is doing, they apparently were considering burn in insurance but then did not bother its possible they thought since LG are this confident now that burn in wont happen that the insurance was pointless.

I would have preferred they offered the burn in insurance since there is no guarantee with any tech and if Richer sounds wants to compete with John Lewis they really should offer it.

£140 john lewis insurance imo is far better then jumping through endless hoops asking Richer sounds or Currys can you help with my hardware TV fault (burn in or similar) and being told we don't cover it.
Thanks for clearing that up never owned or considered an oled until now

Is this burn in? I can only see it on red background

online photo upload

Cant see an actual fault ? maybe its one where you see it in person not off camera.

Burn in is obvious since you will always see a ghost like image of something strange ie BBC news icon in the same spot always when you see the screen.

You maybe seeing banding issues (black bars/lines usually) these show up more on the 5% grey test (youtube it) and in a dark room, there are other oddities with OLEDs though.

Look bottom right of the screen. I can see the logo there on the picture I posted

Look bottom right of the screen. I can see the logo there on the picture I posted

ok I see it now, netflix logo had my night light mode on screen so couldn't see it.

Yes that is burn in.

Any Warranty left and from Richer sounds ?

ok I see it now, netflix logo had my night light mode on screen so couldn't see it.

Yes that is burn in.

Any Warranty left and from Richer sounds ?
Yes I have the 6 year vip warranty but richersounds Ireland have said it doesn’t cover burn in. Curious that I can only see it on red backgrounds? Can’t make it out at all in regular viewing

Yes I have the 6 year vip warranty but richersounds Ireland have said it doesn’t cover burn in. Curious that I can only see it on red backgrounds? Can’t make it out at all in regular viewing

yeah those colour slides can reveal things not usually shown there's the other colour slides and grey 5% test also.

Well its worth a shot, RS are usually one of the good ones I would send a PM to @Richer Sounds via this forum and let them know you are unhappy about it and see what they can do for you.

If not Lg do the panel replacement service for £250, the long winded way is quoting the consumer regulations that the product was not fit for its intended purpose....

Anyone else had Panther logistics pick up their TV on behalf of LG? They picked the TV up last Friday. It's now Wednesday and LG say they still haven't received it. I'm going to suggest they changed their name to something more appropriate - Sloth logistics perhaps.

They picked mine up last Wednesday and it was with lg on Friday. Got another text yesterday saying panel now replaced and TV on its way back to me. Delivered at 11 this morning so no complaints. Did you not get texts from them that you could call the number. Good luck.

They picked mine up last Wednesday and it was with lg on Friday. Got another text yesterday saying panel now replaced and TV on its way back to me. Delivered at 11 this morning so no complaints. Did you not get texts from them that you could call the number. Good luck.
Thanks its good to hear someone has had a good service! Called LG again today. Still not received it. A week to deliver a TV WTF?!

Thanks its good to hear someone has had a good service! Called LG again today. Still not received it. A week to deliver a TV WTF?!
Sorry to hear that. That is out of order, are lg not chasing it up for you. Surely there is tracking on it. Try the lg site and select the talk to the president link. That's got to be like a bat signal surely if you go through that route. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that. That is out of order, are lg not chasing it up for you. Surely there is tracking on it. Try the lg site and select the talk to the president link. That's got to be like a bat signal surely if you go through that route. Good luck.
Thanks will try that next week if I haven't heard anything. The guy at LG said he would raise with a "Team Leader". It's pretty odd, you would think that having just charged me £200 to takeaway a £1500 TV that's broken in a couple of years, they would do all they can to keep me happy. It seems not! I won't be buying any new LG products again I don't think, and I have bought three of their TVs over the years.

Netfix logo is red and has obviously been displayed alot on your set, this degrades the red sub pixel faster in the logo area and therefore causes burn in, basically the red pixel has worn out.

Thanks will try that next week if I haven't heard anything. The guy at LG said he would raise with a "Team Leader". It's pretty odd, you would think that having just charged me £200 to takeaway a £1500 TV that's broken in a couple of years, they would do all they can to keep me happy. It seems not! I won't be buying any new LG products again I don't think, and I have bought three of their TVs over the years.
text received today from LG to say they have received my TV, just 10 days after the courier collecting it. That's the sort of service Amazon Prime should be aspiring to match.

text received today from LG to say they have received my TV, just 10 days after the courier collecting it. That's the sort of service Amazon Prime should be aspiring to match.
Text from LG saying it will be back with me tomorrow. So they could have done the whole thing in 3 days. I'll stop moaning now!

Is this burn in? I can only see it on red background

online photo upload
I've got the same Netflix burnt into my LG B7 at the moment and I've no idea how it's got there. I can't say I'e ever seen a netflix logo be in that position for a long period of time. I showed it to an LG Rep in local Fenwick store yesterday and even he was baffled by it being in that location.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom