• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Richer Sounds Cambridge + Mourdant System for 499?

jklondon

Standard Member
Richer sounds have been doing, what seems to be a good deal but is it?

CA Azur 640c V.2
CA Azur 640a
Mordaunt Short 902i

All for £499.95

Budget for 3 pieces is £500 – so is this the best I can get? Anyone got excellent quality seconds of the same/better spec they want to
sell?

Cheers
JK

Spangle2k5

Established Member
Unfortunately, Richer Sounds only supply "basic" interconnects and speaker cable with their hi-fi bundles. I would therefore suggest that you haggle them for a £20 or so lead to go from the CD Player to the Amplifier, you should be pleased that you did. You could try and get some chunky speaker cable too, but tbh I am not overly impressed by any of the Richer Sounds speaker cable, so it may be as well to go elsewhere.

Sound-quality wise, it should be pretty decent. The components have all been very well received by the hi-fi press, the only question is whether they sound good together (a demo could be in order, though check that the components have been thoroughly run-in or it is of little worth imo).

Spangle2k5

Established Member
jklondon said:
"thoroughly run-in"

sorry mate - can you explain - if they are new they wont be run-in at all right? :confused:

Run-in basically means to have been used continuously for a decent period of time, a total of 24 hours is popular. Gives all of the electronics time to settle.

Out-of-the-box equipment will not have been run-in and thus shops must make a conscious effort to do this for their demonstration equipment. I suspect that a lot of people will be demoing the Cambridge gear, so it shouldn't be too big a concern.

Also ideal is if the equipment is powered up for a couple of hours before you demo to get it up to temperature. Would have to call in advance for this though.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom