Richer Sounds 6 Year Warranty

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by antsims, Jun 14, 2015.

1. antsims

antsims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    Hi all

Last Wednesday, 10th June, I bought a Samsung 65JS9000 4k TV, from Richer Sounds. This came with a free 6 year warranty. The only issue is, the registration card says it needs to be sent back within 28 days. Here lies the issue. The TV is out of stock and at the moment they do not know when it will come in, although the company has them on order from Samsung. I called the store and asked about this and the guy said it was a great question! However, as it is underwritten by RS anyway it should not be a problem if my TV takes longer than 28 days to come in. I don't like the word "should" and was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else and that RS were OK about still covering it if it's outside of 28 days. I could send it in now without the serial number on it and advise then off this when it comes?! Just after some advice.

Thanks.

2. silversurfer24v

silversurfer24v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Surely the guarantee will not start till you get the tv, I have just paid for a tv that has not been released yet and the shop told me to register it for the five year guaranteed when the tv arrives

3. antsims

antsims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    That's what I'm hoping. But the warranty card from Richer Sounds clearly states from date of purchase, not date of delivery. I'll just argue my case if they refuse. I've never had bad service from them in the past and hopefully this will be positive as well. Mind you I've never spent £3.5k with them before either!!

4. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +407
    More worried you spent £3.5k with no due date....

Did you leave the shop totally empty handed?

If I spent that I would want the tv to leave with me or next day delivery at worst.

5. Peterkinxl5

Peterkinxl5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can't forsee any problems. I know people who have dealt with RS and have been very happy with their service.

Whilst nothing is utterly certain in this life, your money is probably safer with them than it is with a bank.

6. antsims

antsims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    I can hardly leave with something they don't have! I knew it was only going to be a week or two at the most. They had a10% discount on it, on top of the £250 already off it and also the extra £250 for trade in with Samsung. The offers were too good to miss even if it meant waiting a little while. Only ended up paying £3k for a £4k TV.

7. fluxedman

fluxedman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would personally go in store and get it in writing or email h/o richer sounds and state your worry about when the 5 year cover starts from if you get it in writing, print it or save it its 3K after all.

Telephone calls and staff giving advice and opinion is one thing but it also means nothing when an issue crops up.

I am going with john lewis personally since if I don't like the tv for any reason free return and full refund, not sure if that is possible with richer sounds but there 6 year warranties are tempting.

8. antsims

antsims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    Thanks but it turned up today anyway within the 30 days. Sending the warranty information off tomorrow.

9. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,938
    Richer Sounds are very good. If you ordered the set and they were out of stock and you paid a deposit or left your card details then you get the deal that is on the table on that date you ordered. Even if the RRP on the set doubles in price you still get it at the price on the date your ordered/paid deposit including any/all special offers and promotions.

10. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,938
    I hope your very pleased with it antsims, I am very jealous sitting here and hope you will post your view on the TV ?
    I am very tempted in the JS9000 or the JS9500 as a replacement for my stunning ZT Panasonic, but I have yet to view one in the flesh and it's going to have to be something very special for me to contemplate selling by ZT.

11. antsims

antsims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    Moving on the weekend so not setting it up until then. Want to leave it packed away safely. It is killing me though to not set it up!!!