Answered Richer sound setup issues from my Panasonic (DMP-UB900) to my Onkyo TX-NR757

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by matp86, Nov 7, 2017.

?
  1. Onkyo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. matp86

matp86
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I'm having issues while setting up my Panasonic UltraHD Blu ray Player, combined with the Onkyo amplifier (TX-NR757) and Sony 2015 4K HDR TV (XBR-65X900C).

I am not getting any HD Sound from bitstream (e.g. Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS X, Dolby Atmos while connecting the amplifier and TV via ARC (both supported), and Blu ray (VIDEO out HDMI) to the Sony TV (MHL HDMI); and Blu ray (AUDIO Out HDMI) to my Amplifier (HDCP 2.2 Blu ray HDMI port) also both supported. 4K picture quality is AMAZING while connected to the TV directly. But only getting Onkyo's standard coded sound channels such as: THX Cinema,THX Surr EX,THX S2 Cinema, TV Logic, All Ch Stereo,Full Mono, Theater, Direct, Dolby D& Dolby Surr)

I've tried everything with adjusting the TV and Onkyo settings on HDMI Standby through, HDMI CEC without any luck.

Previously, I had everything connected in a simple manner. (1) ARC connection (TV-AMP) and (2) Blu ray setup (VIDEO OUT- VIDEO/AUDIO HDMI terminal) to the Blu ray's receiver input. I did received the HD bitstream Channels, but my issue was that there was some flickering while loading the Blu ray component, specially the HDR movies and some audio delays. I was advised to replace the HDMI wires, which I did. I got some AudioQuest SKY 4K HDR HDMIs. And problem still persisted. That's why I decided to go to the AUDIO OUT choice, which fixed the Blu ray loading flickering and audio delays. But yet, cannot get the Good sound!

PLEASE ADVISE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Thatsnotmynaim, Nov 7, 2017 (1 points)
  3. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +796
    Best Answer
    Your tv is probably not passing through full hd audio, I don’t know many/any TVs that do. If your amp is HDCP 2.2 (it looks to be) plug everything directly via the amp and then from the amp to tv. Forget arc it’s rubbish and causes no end of issues. If your hdmi cables are suspect buy some that are rated at 18gb, for runs of 6m or less most will be ok, Amazon basics are good and can easily be returned if no good due to excellent customer returns policy. In my setup arc and cec just never worked, I found life much simpler when both were turned off.

4. matp86

matp86
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your suggestion. Everything is HDCP 2.2, at least where the Blu ray port is plugged in. I went back to the original set up, just like you suggested directly via amp and then from the amp to tv.

My new HDMIs are rated 18gb, 4K-HDR and HDCP 2.2 pass through.

It's less annoying the 2 seconds audio delay at the beginning of reading the Blu ray than dealing the other way where I don't get the FULL audio experience.

Greetings.