1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richard Blackwood Advert

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Pete Platypus, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Pete Platypus

Pete Platypus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you guys seen that Norwich Union advert with Richard Blackwood in it?

"I want you to quote me Happy!"

Aragrgarggarghhh I hate that advert! I HATE it! I have to switch it off everytime it comes on - should be banned! :mad: :nono: :mad:

:smoke:

2. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    is that the same richard blackwood who was on mtv for a small time and couldnt make up which accent to have,i watched him on mtv an one minute he was american next jamican and then cockney,oh and he is a comedian lol yeah right hes about as funny as a dead baby,englands answer to eddie murphy i seen quoted nce to describe him lmao yeah right.:rolleyes:

3. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The Richard Blackwood school of comedy:

1. Flex new biceps

2. Take the **** out of white people dancing (circa eddie murphy 1981)

3. Put on Jamican accent and talk about momma's rice and peas and ting

funny:rolleyes:

4. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I absolutley hate Richard Blackwood, thinks he is Will Smith and he isnt. He just isnt funny. But hugely irratating

5. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Iv'e never liked him. Richard, just watch yourself on TV then you'll understand. :suicide:

6. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Same here.

Unfortunately it's done it's job. Now we all know Norwich Union.:rolleyes:

7. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,065
    But I knew what Norwich union was before these annoying ads

8. Andy_stook_2k

Andy_stook_2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Completely agree 100%, that bloke gets right on my tits:mad:

9. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I meant to say what they offer....:rolleyes:
    Now we just know it with being annoyed.

10. Balthazar Smith

Balthazar Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard Blackwood is the future of British comedy. Surely you have to respect him for using stereotypes to progress his act? That takes courage, the kind of courage you need if you are to be truly entertaining and funny.

You might also like to check out his musical output, he's a very accomplished recording artist with a number of chart hit singles.

If he was white, people would be proclaiming him the new Eminem mixed with Tommy Cooper.

11. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25

Please Please tell me you joking :eek: . I really hope you are. Or could you possibly be Mr Blackwood ;)

12. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit, we may have stumbled across Blackwood's ONLY fan :devil:

13. Balthazar Smith

Balthazar Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish. That guy is getting paid mad money for doing those adverts. Anyone who doesn't recognise his comedy talent is either jealous or stupid, or both.

Have you see the guy doing his Channel 4 show? Best stand-up comedian in the UK, and young, black and gifted with it.

And how can people critisise his accent? He's black isn't he? And, if you took the time to read his website, you'd know that rice and peas are his favourite meal. What's wrong with that?

14. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Talent and Blackwood, now theres two words i never thought id see together.

Theres nowt wrong with rice and peas being his favourite meal, who said there was. Yes i have seen his Channel 4 show, how that ever got commisioned ill never know. Hes not funny not talented. His 'celebrity' status now allows him to be with Dean Gaffney and Sam Fox on the Club. On a slippery slope now, and he will hopefully dissapear from our screens for evermore. :smashin:

15. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    how the hell did this become race related lmao so no one can criticise if the person is black lol im ripping him because he aint funny and he cant make up his mind which accent he should have hes as bad as tim WHITEBOY westwood his show cracks me up,i like hip hop and R n B but he takes the **** lol.also i would like to point out peter kay,jack dee and johnny vegas are more than a world apart in terms of stand up comedy than blackwood anyway back to westwood oh god i cant lol hes just to easy lmao.richard pryor is the funniest comedian to ever live and eddie murphy chris rock etc all owe him a great deal they even own up to robbing 80 percent of his stuff,if you can get some of his tapes then you will see a real black comedian HILARIOUS :smashin:

16. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    also bernie mac,steve harvey and john witherspoon are all amazingly funny and blackwood will never,could never an wont ever be close to 10 percent of how funny them men are.:hiya:

17. Balthazar Smith

Balthazar Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First people slate Rich Blackwood and now you have the nerve to diss Westwood?!?

Westwood IS the street, he is da bomb.

Looks like there's much jealousy out there for these two talented, rich, lady getting guys.

18. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WESTWOOD IS DA BOMB !!!!! LOL:rotfl:

Please tell me you are kidding...........I started listening to this Guy on Capital about 15 years ago and stopped about 10.

He's done alot for hip hop, no doubt, but the guys a little tied up in his own persona. Your probably to young to remember, but I remember when his two hr set comprised of 5 tunes, tooooo much chat and tooooo many jingles (that is NOT an exageration).

Stace :D

Blackwood....................Arr Bless!

19. Balthazar Smith

Balthazar Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And yet he's still top dog in UK hip/hop radio scene.

OK, he maybe takes himself a bit too seriously but is that such a bad thing? He loves the music and loves the lifestyle. We're all cliches in our own way so leave Tim alone.

I think he's great when he gets all het up and starts shouting.

20. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trouble is, I don't think 'he keeps it real'.......

He's become a cliche of himself, a stereotypical image of what people percieve as a hip hop lifestyle, he was not born in the boogie-down.

He takes himself way too serious.

21. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    He's done well coming from such a hard ghetto (son of a vicar in the west country) :D

I feel sorry for him, he wants to be black so much it must hurt - a bit like Michael Jackson in reverse

22. Balthazar Smith

Balthazar Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, are you saying that where you're born and the colour you're born should dictate where you get to and what you end up doing in life?

I think it's great that people like Westwood don't conform to what people might expect. Anyway, is Westwood really so different to Eminem for example?

23. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "So, are you saying that where you're born and the colour you're born should dictate where you get to and what you end up doing in life?"

I'm not suggesting that..........I would not even think like that, its not in my nature.

First record I ever bought was Rapper's Delight. Bought it on its UK release with my birthday money, I was like 7.

Been listening to Hip Hop ever since, some would argue it's one of the most influencial styles of music to ever exist. But that doesn't mean I walk to the side and throw my hands up...............Westwood wasn't ever the way he is now going back 10 years.

I just think he's watched too many hip hop videos and 'Menace II Society' type movies.

I feel, he's not caught up in hip hop culture, he's caught up in the in a stereo typical culture created by the media.

Please don't turn this discussion into a race thing, that's not what I'm about.

24. Donnie Smith

Donnie Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You mention the one thing that is guaranteed to get you those lovely ladies - the word RICH :devil:

As for being talented..............................:laugh: :suicide:

25. Balthazar Smith

Balthazar Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Um, that's a good thing then. How many people do you know who are the same as they were 10 years ago? You'd have to be fairly boring to have not changed at all in 10 years!

A good example of that, and to bring this back on topic, is Richard Blackwood. 10 years ago he was just about breaking into presenting on MTV... 10 years later he's an accomplished recording artists, comedian and television icon.

26. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone knows change is a good thing, I'm not suggesting otherwise. With westwood the change is extreme.

I don't have a problem with Blackwood trying to turn a coin, he's entitled to do that just as people are entitled not to listen.

I quite like the guys character but he doesn't cut the mustard when it comes to the big boys.

As far as his music career goes........again, he's just turning a coin. His tunes are over produced and his rymes are weak, lets not pretend he can freestyle.

Perhaps he should consider concentrating on one of his strengths before trying his hand at something else.

He's trying to run before he can walk. He's all about the CREAM (and in todays society, thats not necessarily a bad thing!!! ;) !!!)

Comedy, Presenting, Music, Adverts etc are too much to take on so early in a career, if he doesn't shine in one area soon, he'll fade away.

27. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Getting back to the original point, and avoiding the need for a "Citizen Smith" styled diatribe, I find this advert rather crass as it debases the English language.

"Quote me happy". Who comes up with these lines?

Slang socially isolates, thus marginalises those who use it. This will inevitably lead to being disenfranchised.

As for Mr Blackwood himself, Balthazar Smith referred to him as "accomplished recording artists, comedian and television icon". I would dispute that and merely categorise him as a minor TV personality and entertainer.

28. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i`m not upto to speed on the eminem thing but didnt he grow up in a real bad part of the chicago that would probably be why eminem has an AMERICAN(take note blackwood and westwood) accent and i dont actually think eminem talks like hes black he just does the music thing.westwood on the other hand thinks hes black,wants to be black,wishes he was black and thinks hes from new york lol.the moral of the story is do what you to get ahead on this planet but be yourself you dont find ADAM F talking like westwood do you and hes as white as milk and also a very ACCOMPLISHED(unlike blackwood)artist and producer.anyway i`m not here to change anyones minds and if you like westwood and blackwood fair enough,everyone to there own i guess

29. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually like Tim Westwood (obviously you can't take him seriously) but his radio show is the best (alright the only) radio rap show.

Blackwood on the other hand is Satan taken form on earth. There are not enough insults in existance for me to properly describe this talentless waste of space.

30. Billy Bob Smith

Billy Bob Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is he a Nebari then :confused: