Ribbon Help

davidg1230

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new thread for people to either ask for, or help with achieving some of the ribbons within the game. I've listed most of the tricky ones here and will add youtube clips for some and post peoples advice in this first post.

So if you can help, please post and I'll collate here. I'll also add other ribbons that people may be finding tricky to get.

My current list of outstanding ribbons;

Weapons

Suppression Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, get 7 Suppression Assists.

Streaks

Squad Wipe Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, do 2 squad wipe bonuses.

Kits

Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, get 5 motion Sensor Assists.

Vehicles

Air Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 6 enemies with air vehicles

Stationary Emplacement Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 2 enemies with emplaced weapons

In a round, do 5 UAV spot assists

Transport Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 4 enemies with transport vehicles

Armored Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 7 enemies with land vehicles

Game Modes

M-COM Defender Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, defend 4 M-COM Stations

Last edited:
I'm not really bothered about getting all the ribbons (I'd only be interested if I was going for the Plat which is very unlikely due to the co-op stuff), but...

Suppression Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, get 7 Suppression Assists.

Suppression is where your vision is sorta blurred (bullets hitting nearby but not actually doing damage).

Possibly equip the M249 (Support LMG) with extended mags and hang around the friendly end of the alleyway on Conquest Grand Bazaar - then spray and pray ... aim slightly above or to the side of the enemy so you get suppression assists instead of kills! I've not tried this one yet though.

Squad Wipe Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, do 2 squad wipe bonuses.

Squad wipe is where you kill the entire enemy squad (up to 4) in quick succession so they all end up in the respawn queue at the same time... very tricky seeing as most squads don't stick together, and those that do are usually good enough that they're really hard to kill.... and do it twice in the same game. :mad:

In a round, get 5 motion Sensor Assists.

Unlock MAV, fly over a throttle point or near a contested objective and fap the select key, you'll get this the first time you use the MAV, very easy :thumbsup:

Air Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 6 enemies with air vehicles

Possibly slightly easier in an attack helicopter if you're the gunner and the pilot knows what he's doing. I think I've only ever managed one kill in a helicopter so I doubt I'll be seeing this ribbon any time soon.

Stationary Emplacement Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 2 enemies with emplaced weapons

I thought it was easier on Conquest Kharg Island - there's an AA emplacement at the deployment point and the map is relatively flat. Just aim at the helicopters and jets until they go pop. Stab at the trigger instead of keeping your finger on it so the gun doesn't overheat and zoom out if you need to turn the gun quickly. Aim in front/above distant targets to counter their movement and gravity (you get hit markers if you're doing it right). It might take you a whole match to get two kills though due to people bailing if the target is disabled. Also, (from the Russian spawn?) you can hit the building of the Docks objective if there's a sniper/camper sat up there waiting for some easy kills.

Transport Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 4 enemies with transport vehicles

Conquest mode possibly with the Amtrac on Canal or the LAV on Tehran Highway or Bazaar (anything with more than 3 seats) - you may need to switch seats (press X - the list at the bottom right shows you which seat you're sitting in). Possibly easier when the game was released but not so easy now with all the anti-tank experts out there!

Armored Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)
In a round, kill 7 enemies with land vehicles

Which I'm guessing basically means tanks or jeeps? I'm sure I got an 11 killstreak in a tank when I first started playing BF3 (before anyone figured out what mines and C4 could do) but I still don't have this ribbon :confused:

M-COM Defender and M-COM Attacker ribbons

I'm not likely to get these in a hurry either as I don't play Rush all that often and when I do I usually get rpg'ed, 320'ed, frag'ed, etc. long before I get anywhere near the M-COMs - one I need to practice on I guess!

Armoured Warfare = Tanks and i think IFV's
Transport Warfare = Humvee/Jeeps, shoot or run them over, both count

Stationary Emplacement - Try and get a team mate ( in a chopper) to lure an enemy chopper to your base, or just wait for one of the many base campers to come to your base then blow them out of the sky with the centurion gun. Trying to hit a plane is almost impossible from what i've experienced, i haven't taken a plane down once with it, and i've tried, a lot.

Weird - just checked my ribbons and I got the Transport Warfare ribbon twice, no idea when/how I did this though! :rolleyes: ... I got the shotgun ribbon last night when I was messing around with the USAS-12 :thumbsup:

From the outset, I think the 'Squad wipe' looks the hardest? but then again it might be really easy? I've tried to join a squad death match and a team that has some of the four man teams with only 1 or 2 players. If I can kill him/them twice quicckly, surely that will work?

Aternatively, it's trying to take out a helicopter or LAV that has the whole in it.

From the outset, I think the 'Squad wipe' looks the hardest? but then again it might be really easy? I've tried to join a squad death match and a team that has some of the four man teams with only 1 or 2 players. If I can kill him/them twice quicckly, surely that will work?

Aternatively, it's trying to take out a helicopter or LAV that has the whole in it.

Ive received the odd squad wipe bonus but never got the ribbon, I agree that squad DM or Rush will be place to get it

Just got 2 ribbons to go till the full collection now!

bleedsoff said:
Just got 2 ribbons to go till the full collection now!

Can you give any advice on the tricky ones you've got? What's left for you to get?

Can you give any advice on the tricky ones you've got? What's left for you to get?

Just got Mcom defender and the kills with an air vehicle (which is going to be impossible for me!)

Which ones are you finding hard?

Think the wipe a squad I did in a game of Squad Deathmatch.

The Melee one I did in a game of TDM, just go tag hunting.

Stationary Emplacement Ribbon I did using that fixed AA gun and shot down a chopper with a double kill.

I've got them all aswell as the platinum trophy need any help just post here :D

Is it an easy platinum?

I've given up on ribbon hunting. I spent a couple of nights concentrating on the MCOM ones but never got either :( - the few times I managed to plant either the enemy would kill me and defuse it or if I was lucky enough to blow one up then I'd struggle to get another one... And trying to shoot someone who's in the middle of pressing the buttons is really tricky too - I think I only managed it once in about a dozen games.

Still haven't got the sniper ribbon (I can't snipe), melee (I'm hopeless at sneaking), suppression (tried really hard for this last night with the 249 but still didn't get it), air warfare (can't fly), squad wipe (not even tried for this), or land vehicles (can't drive).

Apparently the matchmaker looks at your skill level before suggesting a game for you to join - so perhaps I need to play *REALLY* badly for a few weeks so it starts putting me in much easier lobbies :rolleyes::D

Yeah it is too be fair just a bit of a grind with the Co-op trophies at times

Is it an easy platinum?

IMO, no...

* you need to complete all the co-op missions and on hard (practically impossible with randoms and there's no split screen), and there's a few awkward trophies in some of the co-op missions too.

* you need to complete the campaign on hard - these are the only trophies I didn't have any problems with. Even on hard the game is relatively easy.

* level 45 on mulitiplayer (I reckon around 100hours playing time), plus get all ribbons, and a few random/awkward gameplay medals too.

I got the Armoured Warfare ribbon! I'd just managed to unlock the thermal scope on the MBT and that makes it so much easier to spot and kill enemies.

Nice and on the lvl 45 roughly 100 hours playtime you are a bit out well for me anyway I got to rank 45 in probably 45-50 hours :p

Nice and on the lvl 45 roughly 100 hours playtime you are a bit out well for me anyway I got to rank 45 in probably 45-50 hours :p

yeah, but we're not all killing machines :D

I've never played a Battlefield type game before so I spent maybe the first 10 hours trying to get the COD out of my playing style :mad:

I guess before BF3 I was playing BFBC2 played 80 hours on that only rank 31 (EPIC XP FOR LEVELLING :p)

I'm level 27 and have just over 48 hours play time - so not a killing machine either.

Almost Rank 30 with almost at 40 hours....almost

Levelling up really slows down from level 35ish onwards - you need a lot of XP from then on.

Levelling up really slows down from level 35ish onwards - you need a lot of XP from then on.

Currently needing 50k for each rank, looks like it jumps to 60k at around rank 35 as you say.Sseems alot but you also start picking up more medals and at 10k a pop, so some rank jumps happen quicker than others. Rank 30 is a current goal I'm after at the moment. Will take a small break and get back to doing the last 3 Co-op missions.

Would love to think I could get my platinum for this game, but know it'll be a struggle for the Co-op trophies.

Only have 'Et tu Brute' and 'Demolition Expert' trophies to get on BFBC2 for that plat too:rolleyes:

I need demolition man the online trophy that is impossible to actually achieve :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom