Ribbon Help

It should have unlocked as according to the prima guide...

Nemesis kill - kill an enemy 6 or more times

Nemesis Ribbon - get two nemesis kills in a round.

It should have unlocked as according to the prima guide...

Nemesis kill - kill an enemy 6 or more times

Nemesis Ribbon - get two nemesis kills in a round.

I'm totally confused now - so you got to kill enemy player A six times and also enemy player B six times and without either of them killing you in the process?

If so, how on earth have I managed to do that seven times?

It doesn't say they can't kill you, just that must kill them 6 times.

QBSBuck said:
Can I suggest for squad wipe that you play rush on seine crossing or metro, as the games are longer. Giving you more time to attain two.

Wooohooo, well after 60 hours of game time, I finally managed 2 squad wipe ribbons in 2 games! First one was after Robothamsters and a few others recommendation that it's easier to get these ribbons on Squad Rush games. So only after 2 games of that my first ribbon popped up and the gold trophy 'Decorated' I'm sure I'd not killed all 4 players and saw the bonus pop up after only killing one player so guess he was the last one alive and my colleagues had killed the other 3.

Anyway, after going back to a normal game of Rush which lasted about 45 mins, I got another squad wipe ribbon when I took out a chopper that probably had a whole squad in it.

Not sure where other squad bonus game from but now I've all the ribbons and can now focus on getting to rank 45, hopefully over the Christmas break

Last edited:
It doesn't say they can't kill you, just that must kill them 6 times.

That's confusing me even more - I thought for Nemesis you had to kill them 6 times without them killing you :confused: ie. you're hardly their nemesis if they could possibly kill you more times than you've killed them ... or do you both become each others nemeses? (nemesisuses? nemesi? nemeseeses? :confused:)

Shrugging shoulders.

Perhaps you can be each others nemisis at the same time. The above is from the official prima guide.

I still reckon it's kill someone that's killed you 5 times in a match, twice after the five deaths and they have become your nemesis.

Fmrl said:
That's confusing me even more - I thought for Nemesis you had to kill them 6 times without them killing you :confused: ie. you're hardly their nemesis if they could possibly kill you more times than you've killed them ... or do you both become each others nemeses? (nemesisuses? nemesi? nemeseeses? :confused:)

My definition for the nemesis ribbon is

'Kill a Nemesis twice in one round. Anyone that has killed you 5 times counts as a Nemesis. Once someone is a Nemesis, you just need to kill them twice'

Seems straight forward enough?

Ok that works ;)

The nemisis kills u 5+ times and gets his nemisis bonus/kill.

Then u kill him back twice and get your nemisis ribbon.

<whimper>

Agree with Daves interpretation, same as mine but worded better.

so they kill you five times (can you kill them during this period or not?), they are now your nemesis ... you kill them twice and get the nemesis ribbon... you kill them another 3 times and now you're their nemesis (instead or too?)... they kill you another two times and they get their nemesis ribbon?

Okay, seems clear to me

Fmrl said:
so they kill you five times (can you kill them during this period or not?), they are now your nemesis ... you kill them twice and get the nemesis ribbon... you kill them another 3 times and now you're their nemesis (instead or too?)... they kill you another two times and they get their nemesis ribbon?

Okay, seems clear to me

Lol, your making it even more confusing.......

Do people look at the score between you and the enemy? i.e. The bit at the top right which shows how many times you have killed a certain person and how many times they have killed you? I guess if it reads 5-2 to them, you have the ribbon?

davidg1230 said:

Do people look at the score between you and the enemy? i.e. The bit at the top right which shows how many times you have killed a certain person and how many times they have killed you? I guess if it reads 5-2 to them, you have the ribbon?

Only if at 1st it was 5-0 to them.

I'm usually too busy swearing at the TV during the killcam :D

The ribbon will pop up at the top of the screen during play if you've done it right....that's how I knew I hadn't :suicide:

I'm sure I got mine by killing a specific person seven times. I died in between.

I definitely did not become nemesised, as I had not died five times total in that game. Hope that helps.

For squad wipe find a clan in the scoreboard and pick on them, as if you find one named member the others are often nearby. I think I got mine on an easy to kill clan called something like BumF or FBaM or something? :smashin:

Last edited:
Since getting the game, I've only really been playing Conquest matches, but after a few games of Rush, I had the Squad wipe ribbon twice. both games were really intense and lasted a good 30-45 mins each.

Scoring and kill count certainly rack up and get the feeling I'm going to be playing this format for the next few weeks as it made for some intense battles:)

Putting claymores around mcom's got me some easy kills lastnight too, certainly worth doing if you're still after the mcom defend ribbon. They also good to use as they will stay even if you get killed.

Right...NEMESIS Ribbon :lesson:

To get it the ribbon YOU need to kill the same person on the other team 5 TIMES without THEM killing you ONCE. So they are 0 for 5.

YOU can die in the meantime from other people in the oppo team.

YOU get a nemesis BONUS if YOU kill someone on the oppo team that has killed YOU 5 for 0.

If YOU continue to kill the person on the other team without THEM killing you you will continue to get the nemesis kill. So The ribbon is unlocked when you get it 2 times in a match. e.g. when YOU kill an enemy 6 for 0 or two different enemies 5 for 0.

After all that..It's not as much fun in BF3 to be someone's Nemesis as you don't get that big yellow banner flash up on their screen announcing it like in BFBC2 :devil:

Last edited:
If YOU continue to kill the person on the other team without THEM killing you you will continue to get the nemesis kill. So The ribbon is unlocked when you get it 2 times in a match. e.g. when YOU kill an enemy 6 for 0 or two different enemies 5 for 0.

wow, how have I managed to do this seven times then?!! :D

TBH, that explanation makes more sense. Getting killed by the same enemy five times in a row and then you managing to kill them once or twice sounds more like "payback" or "comeback" rather than "nemesis" - and possibly not something anyone would be proud of admitting.

For squad wipe find a clan in the scoreboard and pick on them, as if you find one named member the others are often nearby. I think I got mine on an easy to kill clan called something like BumF or FBaM or something? :smashin:

That's you off our Christmas card list. :nono:

Right...NEMESIS Ribbon :lesson:

To get it the ribbon YOU need to kill the same person on the other team 5 TIMES without THEM killing you ONCE. So they are 0 for 5.

YOU can die in the meantime from other people in the oppo team.

YOU get a nemesis BONUS if YOU kill someone on the oppo team that has killed YOU 5 for 0.

After all that..It's not as much fun in BF3 to be someone's Nemesis as you don't get that big yellow banner flash up on their screen announcing it like in BFBC2 :devil:

:smashin:

I was going for emplaced weapon and nemesis ribbons tonight again and let the same sniper kill me 5 times. I then went hunting for him, got 1 kill and got the nemesis bonus. I then found him again and knifed him but got nothing. By that time the game was almost over.

So I'm going to have to stick a silencer on a gun and hide in the shadows if I've any realistic chance of getting the ribbon. Got that pesky emplaced weapons one though :thumbsup:

only need nemesis, mcom defender and suppression for the trophy now

That's you off our Christmas card list. :nono:

Huh? why? :confused:

Just trying to help out fellow AVFers whore ribbons :smashin: I'll give you a Brussels sprout in your crimbo card :hiya:

I managed to get 'nemesis' last night at a time when I wasn't even really trying to get it :laugh:

It was on Rush on one of the Karkand maps and the Amtrac vehicle got stuck in the ground when part of a building fell on it. I was in the gunner seat and spotted someone sneaking up on it with C4 equipped so shot him and got a 'nemesis attacker' bonus or something like that. Hadn't even noticed I'd killed him 4 times before without dying. A few minutes later (I stayed in the Amtrac because I was getting quite a few kills in it) and the same dozy c4 weilding player tried to sneak up on the Amtrac again. Killed him again and the ribbon appeared. No idea if I'd killed someone else 5 times without dying too but it's possible I suppose.

Just mcom defender & suppression to go now

Seems like the claymore around MCOM was good advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom