• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RIAT Fairford 2017

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
Two years since my last visit. Weather for Sunday was, by all accounts, better than Saturday but grey skies and grey aircraft aren't a very inspiring mix. Focusing is a challenge for the camera and flights generally were just "rolling" displays. Highlights though were seeing the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor and the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit Stealth bomber along with our very own Avro Lancaster Bomber.

Last edited:

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
1)

RIAT 2017
by GaseousClay1, on Flickr

2)

RIAT 2017

3)

RIAT 2017

4)

RIAT 2017

5)

RIAT 2017

6)

RIAT 2017

7)

RIAT 2017

8)

RIAT 2017

9)

RIAT 2017

10)

RIAT 2017

11)

RIAT 2017

12)

RIAT 2017

Thanks for looking

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Saturday suffered from a low cloud base that meant several acts couldn't fly including the F-22 so thank god that while it was cloudy yesterday the cloud base was high enough all day for every act to fly and for a few to even get in their full displays.

I decided not to take any photos this year as I feel I am always missing out on actually watching the displays so great to see your snaps.

shotokan101

Banned
LOL - Superb set :cool:

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Great set..... good captures of some superb aircraft. Spitfire still wins it for me

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Very nice - 4, 7 and 12 for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom