RIA - Band shoot!

darkmavis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My mates band wanted a photoshoot, the brief was big long shadows and a moody feel keeping the urban feel of the room while a warm tone. they wanted the lights in shot as they thought the added to the eviroment. I'm happy with these ones as there the fitsr band shots ive done outside a gig enviroment. was a fun night! first shot is a comp of 9 images to get the trails. there more on the click of an image if intrested :D

Comp

Headshot

Band

I like the shadows but I'm less keen on the heavy vignette.
I might have lost the central amp stack to get more of a focus on the band.
The first with the trails is my favourite.

Did you take any with slower shutter speeds to get some blur on the fingers and drumsticks?

I agree on all points AMc. couldnt move the amp ans they were actuakky rehearsing :(

the vingiette was a choice i liked at the time, less so now.. in fact looking back i pepper it on most of my shoots. time for a rethink on that.

Sadly i didnt try that, there are a lot more on the link but none with too much blur or movement. sometimes I become ocd levels obsessed on sharpness amd forget the artistic angle (something im working on)

thanks for looking :D

Looking again I might be tempted to try some high contrast black and white processing?
That would even out the bass player's blue jeans. If they'd all gone grey T, black jeans it would have helped to create a more unified look for the band.

Just as en this comment. I'll have a go at that!

I'm glad you took some time to contemplate the advice, you wouldn't want to go rushing in.

I echo the comments above. The vignettes really are obtrusive

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom