RIA: A Weekend in the Lakes

gregww1

Novice Member
Hi

Went to the Lake District at the Weekend, to Coniston. First time I've used the 40D in anger really. Having trouble converting from RAW to JPG, purely because my PC is old and slow...so need a new one of those now. Anyway, here is a small batch...

The Climb up the Old Man

Some Trees on a Crag
The sun was shining on these and it looked nice at the time...think I've overcooked the saturation tho...:rolleyes:

Walkers on the Old Man Plateau

Hills in the Mist

Coppermines

Climbers

Ridgeline Photographer

Something a bit different from me:

Drop

Robin
Such a friendly little fella. Was sat on a log taking photos of branches on a frozen tarn, and he just hopped up to me, at one point he was 6 inches from my foot!

Cheers

Greg

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Lovely set - love the ridgeline photographer shot - closely followd by the first shot but would have liked that a little higher exposed/compensayed just a shade too dark for me personally but love the composition etc.

Some nice processing too :)

I love the colour tones in the second shot too :cool:

Jim

achoudry

Novice Member
ridgeline photographer is my favourite!

mickey

Distinguished Member
some nice photos there, definately ridgeline my favourite with hills in the mist a very close second:thumbsup:.Mike

gregww1

Novice Member
Thanks guys. Anyone know how I make these photos 'clickable' so you can click through to Flickr where they are posted (to see a larger version and/or EXIF)?

JIm, will have a play with the exposure on 1 and repost if it looks ok ;)

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Cheers Greg :smashin:

...must admit though - the original is kind of growing on me :D

Jim

richard682e

Novice Member
Great shots, you can almost smell the clean cool air:)

gregww1

Novice Member
JIm, as promised here is a slightly altered version of the climb, played with the blacks, contrast, exposure and recovery...trial and error really...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom