• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rhino and buffalo in Kruger

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
These are two of the "Big Five" animals in Africa (the other three being lion, elephant and leopard). One thing that surprised me is that I would have thought the rhino would have been the more dangerous of the two. This is very definitely not the case, buffalos can be very unpredictable especially the old males. Although related to asian water buffalo their temperment is very different.

1)
Rhino in Kruger Park SA-1 by johnaalex, on Flickr

2)
Rhino in Kruger Park SA-3 by johnaalex, on Flickr

3)
Buffalo in Kruger Park SA-1 by johnaalex, on Flickr

4)
Buffalo in Kruger Park SA-2 by johnaalex, on Flickr

5)
Buffalo in Kruger Park SA-3 by johnaalex, on Flickr

To see more from my latetst trip to South Africa CLICK HERE

All comments welcome, thank you.

shotokan101

Banned
another lovely set John

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Nice set John and a good comment about rhino temperament.
I saw a wild life programme and it turns out more people are killed by hippos - very territorial and those tusks are used for fighting others. Add to that they can outrun a human on land (for a reasonable distance) and you have a nasty combination. The programme mentioned hippos are responsible for a surprising number of fatalities.

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
another lovely set John

And another "thank you" :)

Nice set John and a good comment about rhino temperament.
I saw a wild life programme and it turns out more people are killed by hippos - very territorial and those tusks are used for fighting others. Add to that they can outrun a human on land (for a reasonable distance) and you have a nasty combination. The programme mentioned hippos are responsible for a surprising number of fatalities.

And thank you! Funny you should mention hippos, I'll be posting some shots of them soon ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom