1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgbscart to component

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rsvrmille, Aug 11, 2003.

1. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what are the best cables to buy for sending sky to a HS10 projector? I'm thinking of a rgb scart to component. I also have a HCPC for dvd. Is there an wasy/cheap way to get sky thro this?

thx for any help

2. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not send sky to your PC as well and let your graphics card do all the hard work?

3. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes thats all very well but I am a complete novice and completely lost on getting sky into the pc.

the pc to projector stuff i can do (and works great).

any pointers? previous threads (just off to search them now..)

4. Jack

Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've recently had this problem myself connecting my kit to an HS10.

I can tell you the easiest way will be to use a RGB to Component converter, such as this one:

http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/rgb-yuv/rgb-yuv.htm

another way to do is to use the pj-multi socket on your hs10, and set it up to take RGB (which sony call GBR for some reason), however then you need a very special lead.
    There was a thread in this forum a few weeks ago detailing how to wire up the pj-multi cable you got with your hs10 to a scart connector.
    the alternative i went for was to buy the sic-hs30 sony cable (for 80quid!), then buy a scart 2 vga cable to connect to your kit (switchbox).
    i bought the hs30 cable here and the scart cable here you'll also need one of these.

other alternatives, are:
    getting a rgb scan doubler and passing the pj-multi rgbhv instead of rgbs.
    Or using a scart to svideo converter and pass the signal over svideo cable.
    Or buy a prov and scale the s-video signal before it hits the pj
    Or buy a new player such as the momitsu v880 which outputs DVI!
    Or encode the sync signal onto the green channel then pass the rgsb signal via the standard cable that comes with the pj connecting the component inputs to a suitable scart adapter

Anyway, basically it's not easy and it's not cheap, but it is do-able.

5. Mac1

Mac1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm sure this has been asked before and i'm being a bit thick but humour me. It seems as though this roberts thing is the way to go but how do i go about connecting it to my ae100, I have a dvd player,sky and a playstation which i want to hook up. In addition i have a quintro which i used to use for all my scart switching needs and a video which i could also factor into the equation if it helps. I have a credit card itching to be used as long as i know i'm buying all the correct bits and fancy ordering it all, any advise ?