RGBS to Svideo ?

mbkowns

Standard Member
Reaction score
Okay I have a monitor that uses Red Green Blue + Sync using a 4 BNC cable. What I want to do is hook up Svideo into that. I know Svideo sucks as far as picture is concerned but for this case I am going with a cheapy mini svideo camera. This is all getting installed in a car and the camera is going to be a backup cam.

RGB+S to SVIDEO ?

I bought this cable that does YC to SVIDEO will that work?

bncyc.jpg

thanks for the help :)

Welcome to the forums. RGB and S-Video are two completely different standards not just a mere plug format, the cable will do squat, it's an "s-video 4-pin miniDIN - > s-video BNC". You'd need a converter of some sort.

HTH,
Mike.

Darn I thought so what converter to I need ? I would perfer a DC one so I can use the car power.

This is what I am hooking it up to. One of the inputs Need to be able to come from SVIDEO or Composite and go to that RGBS. The video selector then switches it to the RGBS screen. The other input is for my car-puter which goes from VGA 15 pin to BNC 4. That works fine but then with the above I want to hook it up to a cheapy mini cam.

inputrgb.jpg

Please help me thanks for the quick reply btw

Okay, the 'sync' is presumably the composite signal. The RGBS may pass through just that composite signal if connected to your cam (and you ignore the RGB BNC connectors for that input). I dunno about a standards converter which will run on 12V, you're probably looking at getting an inverter of some sort to run a mains voltage one (I presume that's 120V where you are).

Mike.

1 yes I am 120 in my area and yes a inverter

2 so basicly all I need is a bnc to rca connecter and plug it straight into the sync BNC. cheap and easy!

3 here is a picture of such connecter

bnctorca.jpg

If what your saying is true I very excited :)

thanks

Main reason I went RGBS is because the TV-OUT on computers is not great quality and trying to read text on a screen would be harder. So I thought well my navigation screen is RGBS so why not hook up to it via a 4 BNC cable and a video switching device. My device looks like the one above but it has 2 more inputs but it gives you the idea anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom