1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rgb

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AFCB01, Oct 29, 2003.

1. AFCB01

AFCB01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now purchased a Panasonic E60 and connected it up so that it works with Scart Leads and records off the NTL receiver

I am just a little unsure what RGB is - if I have it - and how it works if I do

On the E60 to be able to record I have to set the AV1 and AV2 to video
    If I set it to RGB all I get is a black screen with the sound

Also on a different point can I record directly from the aerial (say BBC1) whilst watching say Sky Sports on digital

I know these are probably quite basic questions but hopefully somebody can help

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    This means the HS2 is being fed a video, i.e. composite, signal. I don't have NTL so can't advise you on setup options to select RGB. I know most cable boxes enable you to view in RGB - my I suggest you post on the Satellite/Cable forum for advice on set-top box setup (or maybe someone here can provide advice).

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If you select rgb as input to the e60 and it records a black screen and sound only you do not have an rgb source.

You cant view a signal through the hs2 when it is recording, only the recording itself or other programs already revorded on a -ram disc. To view cable you will have to use a second scart output, and take this to the tv using a second tv scart. This could go through a vcr if you wish. If your cable box doesn't have two scart sockets you will be stuck.