1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB with tosh 330 dark why?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by azz, Aug 11, 2003.

1. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I have bought this machine from amazon ,it arrived on friday. I have a phillips 28inch tv . However swirtching the tosh to RGB output the picture is dark and just wachable. On my hitachi tv down stairs the tosh is fine .as was an old sony 305 dvd player with the philips which i gave to my sister.

What should i do as i think this may be an incompatibility problem rather than a true fault?

Has anyone had the same problem?

I do have a philips DVD890 which is fine on both tvs

Please help?

2. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I had the same problem with my JVC TV and the 330. With a little research it seems that it is a common problem with JVC TV sets to display RGB a little too dark. I now use S-Video, which may not be as good as RGB, but is still a huge improvement from my last machine.

I have since tried the 330 on a Toshiba 32" TV, and the RGB is great (although the TV is not a true RGB telly).

3. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have a tosh SD-510E which i used to have hooked up to a sony 32" widescreen CRT. I had to put it through s-video as the picture was too dark in RGB. Trying the tosh with other screens and the picture was great using RGB. So my guess is that its a tv fault and not a DVD one.

4. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    There was a review of the 330 in one of the mags last month. They commented that the picture was quite dark. Remember that some tvs will convert an RGB signal to SVid or YUV to do it's internal processing. This is especially true of 100Hz sets. Maybe the player is at fault and that some sets highlight the problem less due to their internal conversion. Just a thought...