1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB with optical cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Caprylate, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Caprylate

Caprylate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I've been trying to find an RGB scart with an Optical out connection so I can have Surround Sound and the best SD image quality, but so far all my searches lead me to Xbox RGB scarts with Optical out, obviously this is no good to me since I need RGB to RGB with Optical out, so my question is: Where can I get them? Whats the max-min I should be prepared to pay (ideally it would be £20-ish). At the moment, NTL uses a basic scart and 2.1 set-up so 3 of the speakers are left unused.

All help appreciated,

Caprylate.

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no such cable, Scart only carries audio up to Dolby Pro-Logic quality, For Dolby Digital you will need a seperate optical cable from your STB to your receiver.

3. Caprylate

Caprylate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thats dissapointing.

So can you reccomend me just an RGB cable for NTL? Nothing too expensive, but good enough so I can tell the difference between plain scart and RGB. Again somewhere in the price bracket of £15-£25 would be great.

Thanks,

Caprylate.

4. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An RGB only cable will not give you audio, if that is what you want go for the Ixos XHV601 (note V for RGB only), 75cm and 150cm versions are on offer at the moment.

If you want sound then go for something fully wired like the Ixos XHT611 or XHT601.

Andy.