Rgb Transmitters/receivers

phil_744

Standard Member
Does anybody know of a transmitter/receiver which transmits RGB rather than PAL.

I would like to be able to watch sky tv in my bedroom by using the wireless transmitter/receiver.

The catch i can see is the signal is only composite (PAL) rather than RGB signal.

I am saying this in advance of me receiving my new 26" samsung lcd and hoping the lcd picture will be ok on rgb !

Thanks Very much in advance.

Great web site for information !

Phil D

SeanT

Distinguished Member
buy another three cheap pairs and the relevant RGBs converters, you should be able to send it then, there is no real dedicated solution I have seen (as any wireless transmission of video is pretty bodged unless you have a huge budget)

Nick_UK

Banned
If you are that concerned about picture quality, a TV sender is probably not the answer, because they are prone to interference, because they share the same frequency band as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. All you need is for your next door neighbour (or even yourself) to have a wi-fi network in the house, and the risk of interference is high.

MAW

Banned
A better solution is to use s-video over cat5 if it's sky+. It costs a bit more than a composite sender, far better quality, and just 1 thin beige wire to run/hide. Up the outside of the wall perhaps?

phil_744

Standard Member
MAW - Thanks for the reply.

On the s-video cable, do you know what max length i could use before the picture quailty starts getting poor !

I was reading on some other forums you could maybe only go upto about 5metres ?

Thanks,

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom