1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB too bright on Yamada DVR-8000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cdavis, Nov 13, 2004.

1. cdavis

cdavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought this DVR-8000, and everything is great except for one problemette:

The RGB output on the SCART is waay too high. It must be at least twice the proper voltage. As a result, the pictures are seriously washed out, and the only way I can get then close to normal is by turning the TV monitor's brightness and contrast down so far that the picture is too low-contrast, with grey black levels etc.

The composite video and S-Video outputs are fine, and the workaround I'm using is to watch the S-Video signal instead. This is less than satisfactory, though <sings: 'I Want My RGB', badly>.

I'm damn sure that there will be an engineering hack to fix this. It looks as though all kinds of setup options are available by entering 4-digit numeric values on the keypad. Trouble is, I don't know what the codes are, and going through 9999 of them will be a) tedious and b) dangerous.

Anyone have an idea? If I can't fix this programmatically, I may have to add some resistors to the SCART plug to claw the voltage down, which will be most skanky.

Any hints, suggestions or wild guesses most gratefully received.

Chris Davis