1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to YUV problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bobo360m, Dec 22, 2003.

1. bobo360m

bobo360m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a problem getting SKY to my Plasma.I've bought a JS Tech RGB to YUV convertor.Connected Scart to Scart from sky to convertor.Convertor is 3 phono to 3 bnc to rear of plasma but am geting no picture.The sky box is set to RGB output and not PAL.The plasma is Delphi DD42E.

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Does the Delphi not take RGB in on the phonos not YUV - in which cas you just need an RGB scart to RGB phono adaptor/lead ??

Jon

3. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I know you have set the Sky box to RGB, but remember that whenever you press the TV button on the Sky remote, the Sky box reverts to PAL (composite) output until you press the Sky button again. The only way to avoid this is to make sure that you cover the emitter at the top of the remote if you press TV.
    On a side note, if your plasma has a VGA input, I have a JS Tech RGB-to-VGA convertor, and would like to change to the version you have. If you decide this may be a better connection method, i would be very interested in an exchange, plus some cash to make up the difference of course. VGA is sharper than YUV, but on my Panasonic plasma I loose one of the widescreen modes.