• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

rgb to vga to prjector (pjtx200)

cicada78

I want to go freeview to my pjtx200 projector. I have s-video to from sky+ at the moment but has anyone has any success with a vga adapter JS or qed etc?

dmjohnson123

I've got an RGB scart to VGA cable for my Sanyo Z3 projector (got it from Keene electronics).

The cable itself performs well but I suspect that Freeview isn't really designed for projecting onto a large screen.

I use a Thomson DTI1000 Freeview box which is fine for connection to my 28" TV but when connected to the Projector the picture can be a bit noisy on textured/detailed areas of the image and has a tendency to 'skip' a little as though the box is dropping a frame or two to 'catch up' :thumbsdow .

I don't know the technical spec or limitations of Freeview but I suspect there is nothing wrong with my setup, its just that Freeview currently doesn't transmit at a high enough bit rate or resolution or whatever.

Can't you get a better connection from the Sky+ box eg, component/HDMI (I don't have a sky box or your projector so don't know how they could best be connected).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom