1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to VGA Box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jonny1973, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend the RGB to Plasma VGA box from John Sim?
    www.rgbtosvideo.com

I've just bought a Panasonic PT-AE100 and I'm looking for the best picture quality possible for both sky digital and dvd.

I've tried component video (too soft), s-video (too harsh) and a HTPC (great). The PC won hands down but it would be more convenient to use a standard DVD player.

I'm tempted to give a plasma vga box a go. I assume it would also work with a projector.

Jonny

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I emailed John Sim this very question and here is his response:

Dear Keith,

I'm sorry but the RGB to Plasma VGA unit doesn't work too well with LCD data projectors. While with some you do get a picture, it's usually cropped. All PAL sized pictures are cropped to NTSC.

Do you have component (YUV) input?

All the best,

John.

3. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look in the TV forum. I asked a similar question regarding a digibox to PDP display (37" Panasonic)

Have been advised to buy a RGB scart to 4 phonos (RGB via component and the fourth being a syn signal in the composite input). Not sure if your projector would accept this ... someone reading this may know.

A forum member who replied to my post has used the RGB to VGA convertor and did not see any picture improvement of the above method on a PDP

Pip