1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to Plasma VGA

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stuart, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Stuart

Stuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,008
    For 2 years, I have had the SKY digibox connected to my Toshiba plasma (panny 5 clone) using a £50 "SCART SYNC SEPARATOR" purchased from lektropacks. I had been getting an accebtable picture and didn't think I would see much improvement by spending £155 on the JS RGB to Plasma VGA converter+cable.

I couldn't have been more wrong. I ordered the box and cable on Friday, it arrived yesterday, I connected it all up and WOW!!!. The picture is a vast improvement: sharper, more detail, much less artifacts and dragging. On some channels the picture rivals that on my Denon 2900 DVD. :thumbsup:

My only regret is that I hadn't used the JS box in the first place. :suicide:

My advice for anyone considering the cheaper alternative is, DON'T. You won't regret it. :smashin:

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I think you paid rather too much !

Keene Electronics do the "Syncblaster" RGB to (Y Pb Pr) or the other way round for just 89.99 inc. VAT. They also do the "ProV" box which converts an s-video or composite input to progressive scan for 84.99 :)

P.S. The JS box is not compatible with all makes of plasma - see their website for more info.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    again keene RGB>YUV box is no match for the JS unit and the ProV is a load of crap skimp and regret it..........