1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to Panasonic V6 Component/RGB board

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TerryJones, Nov 30, 2003.

1. TerryJones

TerryJones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This weekend I have installed my Panny V6 (I have the 'commercial' charcoal version).

It shipped with the dual Composite/SVID : Component/RGB board (BNC connectors for RGB).

My main sources are Panny DMR-E20 DVD recorder and Panny Sky box.

I have routed the RGB signals from the sources through a Trilogy SCART switcher then have a SCART to RGB+composite cable to the plasma but have found that this setup does not work with a V6 panel (even though he s/w lets you set it up???) .

As composite from the Sky box was so bright it nearly blinded us (even with contrast and brightness set to minimum) and poor quality I attached the DVD recorder to SVIDEO using a lead I had and found (to my surprise) that it routes and converts the RGB coming in from my SKY box (via the Trilogy) to SVideo and the results are great quality (I know RGB would be better but needs as must for the time being).

Now I need to sort out something permanent.

As I see it my options are (I want to save the VGA port for computer use):

1 Replace the SCART-RGB cable with a Syncblaster RGB+HSync/VSync cable (c. £75)

2 Replace the SCART-RGB cable with RGB->Component convertor and component cable (c. £150+vat)

3 Buy a SCART board for the plasma. (£135+vat)

So, is anyone else using any of the above?

Thanks,

Terry

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Since you wish to keep the VGA input for PC use (and why not?), then the only real option is to convert the RGB signal to Component video. Which is why I designed such a converter!

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. TerryJones

TerryJones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I run out of slots I'll get one! For now I have taken the option of adding a SCART board to the display. I have a rather expensive RGB cable that is no longer required and can be returned so the cost of this option was the most attractive!