1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to dvd recorder ot tv?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rob20, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I think that my ntl digital PACE cable box only outputs RGB via the tv out, and composite via the record out. At the moment I have the rgb out going to the dvdr and then via RGB lead to the tv. I then have the composite record from the cable box going to a seperate scart on the tv. Is this the best way of connecting as I do make regular recordings, or should I connect the RGB straight to the tv?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The way you are currently setup is best as it enables you to watch and record in RGB quality whilst still watching Cable if the DVD recorder is busy.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    you have it set properly for recording, which DVD-r are you using? if DVD-r has S-video recording then thishttp://www.js-technology.com/rgb-svideo/index.htm may help make the system more flexible, Record BBC1 and watch ntl in RGB at the same time, worth doing if you are using a large display ie plasma!

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Currently have a 21" Sony with 2 scart inputs, (1 rgb). However, I'm having Toshiba's 26" (26WL46B)widescreen set delivered tomorrow. I just receieved a component lead from Mark on this site, so i'll be using that to connect my dvd player to the screen. Was thinking of using the spare RGB lead to connect the ntl box to one of the 2 rgb scarts on the Toshiba. Though I've just remembered the lead is picture only and ntl have removed their red/white phono outputs as they were too much trouble apparantly. Shame really as the lead cost £50. I'll have to wait until they decide to upgrade the box, or get sky. I can't understand why it would cause problems just by having a 2 phono output?

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    which DVR tho ? Panny E-50? Pio/tosh/sony????? got a link to the TV never seen a 26" 16:9 set!

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Sorry. Pan DMR 85.