1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to COMPONENT help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tim.Lad, May 30, 2005.

1. Tim.Lad

Tim.Lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just acquired a Toshiba TDP MT5 projector that I managed to repair this is my first projector setup so bare with me, I’m not expecting the projector to last long but the bulb was new before the PSU packed in…

I have just routed a component lead in the house from the ceiling mounted projector to where my av gear is and that works fine from the Pioneer dv737..

My problem is I have xbox ps2 tivo dvd and sky+ all going into a switch box then to tv I don’t really want to use the project all the time but I want the option of having any of my devices connected to my projector, so here goes…

The technical manual states this for the component input “YPbPr ED/HD Component Video- 3x RCA”

1. is there an scart RGB to component converter out there that someone has used and can recomend
    2. Can the RGB output from the switch box be split first to the tv and second to the converter…

Tim

2. Weymouth Stan

Weymouth Stan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RST RGB > YUV
    You can have mine for £70 - don't need it since I upgraded my proj.

Stan

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You want a few bits from the JS Technology selection!! All RGB sources into a switcher, then duplicated by the Active Video Buffer (scart distributor), then after the buffer a scart to RGB component converter for the component run to your projector.

4. Tim.Lad

Tim.Lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Defo interested in that sent you an e-mail