1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB to component converter

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Deft hi fi, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Deft hi fi

Deft hi fi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ti all !

Who know anything about RGB to composit converter ? Where can i find this exotical device ? I need it to connect my DVD to projector.
    Thanks everybody, hope for you advise.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

On this forum you wil hear many people talking about these devices. The best one available can be bought from www.rgbtosvideo.com and the person who makes them is a sponsor & member of the forum. I use one of his RGB to VGA converters on my plasma and the quality of the picture it gives is excellent.

Mark.

3. Deft hi fi

Deft hi fi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you MarkE19 for fast and usefuly answer. I'll try to use that devise that you advise and tell my opinion.

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    If you can play the waiting game it may be worth waiting for a dvd recorder with both rgb scarts and component output you can then have the benefit of dvd recording and rgb scart to component conversion built in. I could do with scart rgb to component conversion myself but instead of paying anything from £80 to £170 I think the money would be better spent on a dvd recorder. It won't be long before such a recorder is £170 anyway and will do just as good a job. Already the top brand Panasonic E50 is available for less than £240 inclusive of postage and multiregion conversion. It doesn't feature component out as far as I know but I'm sure models will soon.

Take for example this one. Expected to retail for less than £250 and might even hit less than £200 fairly quickly.

http://www.umax.co.uk/WebNew_UK/Products/9_HomeEntertainment/DVR-8000/DVR-8000.htm