1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB through phono sockets

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by noidea, Jun 22, 2004.

1. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I have the hitachi pd5200 plasma screen on order and want to use one set of its component inputs for an rgb signal. The input can be set to either rgb or component and I am happy to stick with the rgb rather than buy a converter to upgrade the source signal.
    However, I have only seen one cable which will take the scart output from the freeview box I'm hooking up and deliver an RGB signal plus audio (+sync?) into the six phono sockets on the plasma input. Its a QED 1920 cable and is fairly pricey (as much as the freeview itself). Does anyone know of any other cables that may work? there seem to be plenty of scart to 6 phono cables around, but these all seem to say they are for composite + stereo connections.

ps. what is "sync"?

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The QED AV19 cables are about £55. This is a audio and RGB signal out cable. I'm assuming you're using the single scart for your DVD player? And I guess your DVD player is not component out?

3. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Hi Blu Ray
    Actually its a freeview player I will be linking through this socket. My DVD recorder is going to the other component socket (with a component output) and is hooked up seperately to cable digital box. The QED is the cable I have seen and I'm sure its a very good cable, I just wondered if Ixos, Thor or some of the other brands made an equivalent cable. If not then at least it sounds like the QED cable will be able to do what I'm after