1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB & The LG DV2000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by willbrady, Dec 8, 2003.

1. willbrady

willbrady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I have just purchased the LG DV200 and are so far very happy with it.
    I have scarted it up with my Cable Box going Via the DV2000 to give me surround sound from my Cable channels.
    I have now noticed that when scarted up this way going via the DV2000 I lose RGB on my Cable box?

Is the AV1/AV2 inputs on the DV2000 composite only?

Is there any solution so I can have my Cable Box using RGB whilst going via the DV2000 for sound?

Any ideas?

Cheers guys

Will

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    What television have you got and how many scart sockets? What connections has the cable box got?

Also on the LG when you press the aux button how many modes does it cycle through? Presumably one will be the digital optical input, another will be the front av input but do you get a couple more?

If your tv had 3 scarts you could connect the rgb cable box to the main rgb scart tv socket, then connect a scart lead from the lg to the 3rd tv scart socket (possibly a composite only scart). Lastly connect the s-video socket of the LG to the second tv scart using a s-video to scart lead.

Then if you had a AUX 3 on your LG and the the tv was displaying the cablebox you may find the cable box sound routed back to the LG via the LG scart lead.

It gets better and easier though if your tv has more than 1 rgb scart socket.

Although it wouldn't look great you could always use the front av sockets on the LG to route sound from the cable box assuming it has phono outs for audio.

3. willbrady

willbrady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep - I hear what you say - hook the cable box directly to the TV but re-route the sound via the DV2000.

I think I have the socketry for that - cheers :)
    Thou that would mean changing AV channels on my TV to go between Cable + DVD right?
    No big deal I guess - it's just at the moment as I simply stick in a DVD and press the 'output' button on the DV2000 remote and up comes the DVD.

Thanks for the advice pal ;)

Will

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    yeah basically my logic is that most televisions output the sound from the current source/tv channel you are watching via the scart audio out connections. So while your watching the cablebox in theory you should be able to select an aux channel on your LG to playback the cablebox sound in surround mode. You can get right angle phono plugs too so if you did need to make an audio connection to the front av sockets you can make a more neat job of it using right angle phono plugs. Like these;

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/prod...pc+catalogue&category_name=&product_id=256773

Anyway best of luck.