1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Sync ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nobber, May 19, 2002.

1. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just about to get new Sony VPLVW11HT see earlier thread

I need to run some cables through the roof to the PJ from the Receiver seperate Red Green & Blue but do i need a fourth cable for sync? (what ever that is)

thanks
    Nobber

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    When cableing for a projector it is best to put as many cables as you can in. Why? Because in the future you may upgrade your DVD player from S-video to component video or even to a HCPC.
    I always recommend overcabling unless its very easy to get cables in afterwards....

Use:
    1 run RGBHV 5 core mini coax ( computer )
    1 run RGBs 4 Core mini coax ( can run 5 core ) Component and RGBs if needed also gives you composite.
    1 run S-video.
    1 run composite.
    1 run cat5 for control.
    Depending on the projector used you can put an RS232 cable in for system intergration but its getting over the top for most people.

The cheap way is to run:
    1 run 5 core mini coax, this can be used for (computer RGBHV), or component and S-video ( 3 cables on component and use other 2 for s-Video ) or RGBs and a seperate composite.

Hope this helps and future proofs your install.