RGB switching back to PAL

AVMan2010

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have just got a Samsung C8000 LED TV and plugged it into my Sky+ (Pace) box.

For some reason, everytime I power down the Sky box, TV or switch back to Sky from another input, the TV is not displaying an RGB signal, but a "washed out" version?

To resolve this, I either have to press the "TV" then "Sky" button on the remote, or go into the Sky setup menu and flick the selection from "RGB" to "PAL" to "RGB" again, or alternate the "Scart Control" setting.

Any assistance or input is appreciated - thanks in advance :)

AVMan2010

Standard Member
Quick update:

I have tried a different SCART cable and setup box and have the same results, so looks like a problem with the TV.

The plan is to move to Sky HD and connect via HDMI, but in the meantime, I would like to get this to work especially in case there is a faulty connection.

I am quick stumped as the SCART switching appears to be working fine (as proven when I switch SCART control on and off), and the RGB signal works well except needs to be manually forced on....

Stevenage Neil

Are you "Save Settings"? when switching to RGB?

AVMan2010

Standard Member
Yes.

The settings are there with "Scart Control On" and "RGB", and saved.

As I have tried multiple Scart cables and a different Sky box with the same results, it looks like an issue with the TV - however as soon as I do the above workarounds, the picture is very good through RGB, so the TV Scart socket looks like it is working including switching to RGB when I force the Sky box......

Stevenage Neil

If the RGB setting is "Saved" on the Sky box the TV cannot turn it off.

davemurgatroyd2

Are you pressing TV on the Sky remote before using other inputs and/or using it to change the input on your TV? This will always change the scart output back to PAL (composite video) from RGB and is meant to do so.

davemurgatroyd2

Trending threads

Top Bottom