RGB Switch

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by andy_mart, May 12, 2003.

1. andy_mart

andy_mart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Although I am reasonably new to the world of AV I need some help. In fact I am totally lost now

I recently bought a Panasonic TX28PL1 which as you know comes with only one RGB SCART socket at rear. I have the following equipment to connect, a Toshiba SD220 DVD with RGB output and a Sky decoder which does output RGB as well. Also a Microsoft XBox which has RGB output.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which brand and model of RGB switch has the following attributes and does not degrade picture quality. I dont mind either manual or remote controlled.

I need to be able to video record from both Sky decoder and DVD player as well.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Andy

2. staxdoobie

staxdoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I bought the £9.75 job from Argos at the weekend (the one without the lead attached), and it's performed faultlessly so far, without any noticeable picture degradation.

It can admittedly be a minor irritation to get up and manually switch sources (if you're stopping a DVD to check on the football scores, for instance), but at that price we can hardly complain.

Before buying I asked if they'd take it back if it didn't do the job I wanted, and they were fine with it. But it did. So I didn't.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    :lesson: :nono: :nono:
    I got a JVC gold plated one from Dixons for £15 to tape Sky use the second outpu of the sky box, as for DVD no idea! Not supposed to do this!
    Have a search in General Hardware there is loads there about this mate!