RGB - Switch box

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by conington, Jun 17, 2002.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Same old problems with single SCART RGB input on television, would anyone be able to recommend a reasonable quality "switchbox" that would facilitate 2 or 3 inputs into the one RGB input on my television?

I've tried connecting my DVD via my Digibox but for some reason I do not get a picture (sound comes from my amp), in the heat of the moment I didn't try turning off the digibox when trying to watch a DVD, would this resolve the problem? When I ran my old DVD I had the Digibox connected to the input SCART at the back of the DVD and verything was fine, I could leave the Digibox on and when turning on the DVD the picture would just default to DVD.

For now I have demoited SKY to my non RGB AV2 input, definately a poorer picture.

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about a Quatro? I got mine from

http://www.beyondhifi.net/shopping/MoreInfo.asp?ProductID=565&CatID=251

Maplins and other places do them as well, but I think they are cheaper at beyondhifi.

Good point is a remote so you can change sources, also if a new source is switched on it goes to that.

Bad points is it does not support widescreen autoswitching, and my sony always defaults to composite, therefore I have to set the sony to widescreen and RGB input.

This comes up a lot of times on these boards, I've never seen a better alternative mentioned (I'd buy one if it could support up to 8 inputs and widescreen). Someone said he was going to build his own, but I never saw any follow ups.

Dave