1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB signal offset from Pioneer DV-636D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Michael Brown, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am now using the RGB outlet from a Pioneer DV-636D but am finding that the picture is offset to the left. Is there any way of shifting it back in line? When i used the composite output it was centred properly.

2. yabadaba

yabadaba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This RGB shift is normal, but usually correctable through your TV. If you say what TV you are using then I guess others here may be able to advise you.

I know that some sets sense an RGB signal and automatically shift the image back to the right, but on others you need to manually select the RGB input. For instance, my Tosh RPTV and my mate's Philips will do it automatically, but with my older Sony I have to press the input select button again to move from the AV1 input to the RGB input. However I can't comment on other models.

3. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony KV-A2532U circa 1993/4. I have tried to access the service menu with no luck. I can get the TT logo up on the screen (switching on with the +&- keys in the front panel held) but the codes to access the service menu (03) don't respond - am i missing something here? When i put in TT13, the software version et al come up and some of the other codes work but no service menu. I would also like to tweak the geometry slighly if possible as well. Any experts out there that can help?

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    press menu twice on your remote when tt is displayed.

5. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried that just but no joy i'm afraid. Pressed menu twice with every TT code up there - thanks for your help though
    Cheers

6. yabadaba

yabadaba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, on the most modern of my Sony sets you just have to press menu as well....but only once if I remember correctly.

I also have an older 29" Sony though ('bout same age as yours)and I seem to remember having the same problem as you when trying to enter the service menu. I did find, however, that that set does far better with an svideo input than RGB.

7. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i press the menu key just once, i get the regular menu popping up