Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

RGB signal extraction

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by eyerish, Oct 15, 2003.

1. eyerish

eyerish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, hope someone can help me. I wish to extract the RGB Signal from the scart output pins on my sky+ digibox to terminate into seperate R. G. B. BNC plugs. The idea is that I want to route the best possible signal to my iscan pro, video scaler which is feeding my projector. I have already made a cable that is a scart on one end and 3 bnc plugs on the other. I have used what I believe are the relevant pins for the scart plug ie. Red out is pin 7 and red return is pin 5, but when I try out the lead the image is discoloured and scrambles across the screen. Basically its crap. It could be something to do with sync etc. but I`m not sure. Thought maybe some of you fine folk might have some ideas.

Cheers

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    Scart outputs RGB with sync on Composite. (pin19, return 17)

The Iscan doesn't accept RGB though. Only Composite, svideo and component. THe Red/green/blue sockets are for Pr/Y/Pb unless I am getting Iscan's confused. Been a while since I've seen a Pro.

You could get a John Sim RGBtoComponent adaptor. Or you could just use the s-video out of the Plus.

Gordon

3. eyerish

eyerish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice gordon. That never occured to me. I think I`ll go for the converter purely because i want the best image for the barco. Thanks...