RGB signal extraction

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by eyerish, Oct 15, 2003.

1. eyerish

eyerish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, hope someone can help me. I wish to extract the RGB Signal from the scart output pins on my sky+ digibox to terminate into seperate R. G. B. BNC plugs. The idea is that I want to route the best possible signal to my iscan pro, video scaler which is feeding my projector. I have already made a cable that is a scart on one end and 3 bnc plugs on the other. I have used what I believe are the relevant pins for the scart plug ie. Red out is pin 7 and red return is pin 5, but when I try out the lead the image is discoloured and scrambles across the screen. Basically its crap. It could be something to do with sync etc. but I`m not sure. Thought maybe some of you fine folk might have some ideas.

Cheers

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Scart outputs RGB with sync on Composite. (pin19, return 17)

The Iscan doesn't accept RGB though. Only Composite, svideo and component. THe Red/green/blue sockets are for Pr/Y/Pb unless I am getting Iscan's confused. Been a while since I've seen a Pro.

You could get a John Sim RGBtoComponent adaptor. Or you could just use the s-video out of the Plus.

Gordon

3. eyerish

eyerish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice gordon. That never occured to me. I think I`ll go for the converter purely because i want the best image for the barco. Thanks...