1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB signal - blue part offset on image

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Neil Watson, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have recently had NTLdigital installed and since I have a full AV setup the installer let me plug the scart side in as he jokingly said I probably know more about setups that he did which was no doubt true.

Anyway, big mistake as the RGB output has a very clear picture apart from the fact that the blue signal is shifted up and right by half a cm.

Changing to the composite image give me a correct picture with the obvious downgrade in image quality over RGB.

I have tried 3 scart cables (2 that came with the NTL digi box and my Lektropack one I use for RGB ouput on my DVD player) and thay all have the same effect. I have also used two different TV's with the same effect.

The fact that the DVD player is perfect indicates to me that the NTL box is at fault.

Should I get the box replaced as I have got an engineer coming next Wednesday to finally put the phone line in. Don't ask but all I can say is never elect to have your number ported as its takes 8 weeks to do!

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Get a replacement box.