rgb shift to the left with NTL box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Duncan Harvey, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My folks have just had cable installed and I have been using this to record UK Drama onto a DVHS recorder. I recently bought an RGB to S Video decoder to get better recordings. But when I reviewed the tapes I noticed that the picture has effectively shifted to the left. Eg the UK Drama Dog now reads "Drama".

Not bad for reducing the DOG, but everything now looks off centre and on some programmes there is a black band down the right hand side of the screen.

Is there a way of adjusting the RGB output from the NTL box so that I can get the picture back to the centre?

Presumably a service menu might do this - anyone know how this can be accessed?

I think the box is made by Pace

cheers

2. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Duncan

I had the same problem with a Lekropacks converter, If yours is this unit then the solution with mine was to adjust a small pot inside the unit attatched to the scart out socket it was Lekropacks that told me this they are very helpfull talk to them.

The only thing I did notice was that if adjusted too far then when "backing up" ppv movies the dreaded macrovision appeared. I hope this is of help

3. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is the same converter that I am using - thanks will give it a try.

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I have the same NTL/Lektropacks RGB converter combo.
    Lekropacks allow you to open the RGB converter without affecting your warranty.
    The adjustment is with a small white-ish pot. If you go too far the image can disappear.
    I used the channel info box(TV button etc), then adjusted this central.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get the same with my Sony DVD player it proably you TV its a pain but cycle through the sorces until you get to RCB and hopefully it will recenter.