RGB shift on JVC AV28WFR1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ice_cool, Nov 16, 2001.

1. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP!

When i connect my ntl digibox to the scart at the back of my JVC AV28WFR1 tv, and switch to rgb, the screen shifts to the left!!!!!

When i connect my pioneer 545 to the tv and select rgb, it aslo shifts to the left. Some of the setup menu cannot be seen!!!!

Is there any way of shifting the picture over??? horizontal alignment ??? I've checked the manual, but cannot seem to find it????

It's rather annoying, cos the screen is now off centre. It was centre with composite (yellow jack connector).

thanks

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your TV does not have RGB set up you will not be able to. If the RGB shift is too much to live with and your picture was ok with composite, stick with the composite connection, only you will be able to tell.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    RGB shift seems to be a fairly common problem on many tv's but it can be cured within the service menu as I did on my 32AV WFT1

Do a search on uk.media.home-cinema for the service access code as I have forgotten what it is and read a few of the threads as some are very informative.

Above all - BE CAREFUL

Ian

4. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ermmmm....

cannot find the website?

uk.media.home-cinema.co.uk?
    uk.media.home-cinema.com???

thanks

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    uk.media.home-cinema is a newsgroup. Not a website.

You can view newsgroups via outlook express - after setting up the newserver from your ISP.

6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,041
    I think it's hold mute and info buttons at same time, assuming aint a done deal.:p

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Encaser,

You are correct but I prefer to direct people to the newsgroup to carry out a search as the info that I obtained included quite a bit on what not to do as well as what many of the codes mean.

Ice-cool

If you are still having problems locating the newsgroup you can find it on Google using the following link http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=uk.media.home-cinema

Ian

8. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,041
    Ian, I agree with safety but thought I'd throw it out as some ppl's service suppliers won't allow newsgroups. ;)
    Oh yeah, did you ever sort out your geo' prob's? I ask cause seem to remember posts with bendy this an that and so wonder how good the service menu is?

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Encaser,

I sorted out most of the geometry problems and the TV is fine in widescreen or panoramic mode.

The 4:3 picture is still all over the place but I didn't want to fiddle with the settings as each change seemed to cure one problem but make a new one.

I don't watch 4:3 but felt that if it was there, it should be right. Most of my fiddling was done in conjunction with Video Essentials.

Ian

10. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian

Found the following in google:

> I own a JVC AV-28WFR1EK and the Picture is one of the best I have seen. You
    > may have to adjust the geometry in the service menu if you use the RGB for
    > Satellite etc. as there is a some RGB Shift. The amount of shift is not
    > worth bothering with if you only occasionally use RGB.
    >
    > The service menu is accessed on the remote by pressing the "i" button and
    > mute at the same time, to adjust the geometry select option 4, the other
    > options are best left alone. Before you adjust any of the settings be sure
    > to write them all down so that you can return them to the defaults if you
    > cock-up. You will need to write down the settings for all modes, panoramic,
    > regular, 14:9, 16:9, 16:9 subtitle, full. To move between the modes in the
    > service menu press the red button on the remote. The up and down buttons on
    > the remote moves between the different settings the left and right buttons
    > change the value. Press "OK" to save changes or "i" to go back/exit. If you
    > change a modes settings save them before moving on to the next mode or the
    > settings return to the previous value.
    >
    > Please note you can completely knacker the TV in the service menu so only
    > make the changes if you are prepared to take that risk. The guarantee will
    > not cover meddling with geometry etc. in the service menu.

I think i will be very careful!!!!!!!!!!!!