1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB Scart --> YUV Component adaptor

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jefb, Aug 10, 2005.

1. jefb

jefb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i've got a panny a700e projector and a s97 dvd hooked up by HDMI i want to hock up my sony freeview box / showcenter , the showcenter as component out so a simple component cable is required , for the freeview box which only has composite/rgb/s-video would i be bst to run a 10m RGB Scart cable or get one of these and run a 10m component?

http://www.js-technology.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=36

Will this or similiar device actually improve the RGB picture specfificaly over a long distance of about 10m (i dont need video switching or anything like that) or am i best to save my money and buy a decent 10m scart cable ?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    jefb

Other than possibly stabilising the level of the signal (not all Digibox output a stable voltage) I doubt you could gain much if anything converting the RGB 'Component' signal to YUV 'Component' in the JS Technology converter.

If you have a problem with RGB over 10m your just as likely to have a problem with YUV over 10m.

Best regards

Joe