1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB scart with Svideo lead for PS2 and Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Stereo Steve, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Is it possible to get a lead for either or both consoles that has RGB scart output AND svideo as well?

I run my consoles into the TV with scarts using RGB which is fine. I would also like to plug them into my amp's svideo sockets as I do with the DVD and sat box so I can use them on the projector.

Any way of doing this for PS2 or Xbox? Not even sure if the PS2 can output Svideo.

2. CMB

CMB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS2 can ouput Svideo - I use an SVideo lead on mine. Have never seen one with a RGB scart (mine has S-video plus standard composite and audio connectors).

As for Xbox I think the high-definiton pack does what you need, it is a block that connects to the Xbox that has all outputs from it (scart, component, svideo) Don't use one myself but have seen them in Game.

3. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    All of the current consoles (PS2, XBox, GC) have the capability of outputing Composite, S-Video, RGB or component, so that part isn't a problem.

I don't think you'd be able to use simultaneous types of video output on the PS2 or Xbox without some delicate soldering iron work (and maybe not even then).

I can't help thinking there must be a better way of achieving what you're looking for. It seems a crying shame to feed a projector with an S-Video feed. S-Video has a lower bandwidth than RGB and component, and gives poorer colour rendition, so you're really not making the most of your big screen.

Is there any way of outputing RGB to your projector? If so, how about feeding RGB from both consoles (and DVD player maybe) into an RGB SCART SWITCH (use switch to select PS2 or XBox), then out to a second SCART switch connected to TV & projector (use switch to select output device). This would need decent quality switches, but even the degradation caused by two switches should be less than that caused by using an inferior signal such as S-Video.

If your projector can't take RGB, it will hopefuly take component. If so, I suggest getting component leads for PS2 and XBox, and just plugging them in when you want to use the projector!