1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgb scart wiring

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by themadhippy, Jan 4, 2002.

1. themadhippy

themadhippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hopfully someone here can help.im trying to make my own scart to scart lead to link my dvd to my tv using olny the rgb signals, i know pins 5,7,9,11,13,and 15 are the colours and earth but are their any others that need to be used eg pin 16 rgb status ,tried a quick web search but it left me more confused with talk about sync separators ect,and as scarts are a pain to wire i want to try and get it right first time
    cheers
    hippy

2. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    try this in word 2000

Attached Files:

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    Best to wire up the RGB status pins as some tv's need this to switch to receiving RGB. You'll also need to wire up the composite video out to composite video in pins to get sync signal. This will make the lead directional so I suggest you mark which end is out and which is in.

Gordon

4. themadhippy

themadhippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks too you both,next stop maplins for some of their 5 core rgb cable
    hippy

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Personally scarts are such a pain to wire from scratch I just get them built to the lengths I require fully wired and then unsolder the connections I don't want. Lektropacks are good for this.

If you need to run cabling I tend to do this as well but I'll remove one of the plugs for threading purposes ( take a note of what wires go to what pins : remember they don't map to the same pins at either end all the time) and solder the plug back on once in place: at least you've saved having to do one plug from scratch and the desoldered end is fairly easy to resolder as they are effectively already tinned ( if you don't remove the solder when you desolder them that is)

6. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    So are you saying that a fully wired scart is not RGB compatible, I have just bought one! I haven't tried it yet though.

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Well no they're not if they don't have plugs attached to the ends!
    The thread is about making scart leads from scratch : I'm sure your prebuilt one is fine for RGB.