1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rgb scart vs fully wired scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by kevantlin, Jan 19, 2004.

1. kevantlin

kevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope all you experts can shed some light on this.

I have a very basic system now (jvc th70) which is average but in 6 months(when hopefully a nice commision cheque comes through) i will be upgrading to denon 3803/3805, denon 2900 and m & k k17/k4 speakers.

I have a bit of spare cash now and thought that i will upgrade my cables which will hopefully improve the sound on my mediocre jvc for the next six months and save me from buying them when the new kit comes in.

I have a couple of questions

I have seen some scart cables that carry picture only, am i right in thinking that i should get one of these and then use the fibre optic for sound or should i get a good quality fully wired scart.

I also want to improve the scart from sky + does the same rules apply here.

As for speaker cable i think i will go for qed silver anniversary which is probably way over the top for the jvc th70 but will be adequate for the new kit. Do you think my littkle jvc will sound better once all this is done???

By the way this has got to be one of the most helpfull and mature forums on the web people in here are genuine pleasant audiophiles.....aahhh what a pleasure

:smashin:

Attached Files:

2. kevantlin

kevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    somebody..........................anybody..!!!!!

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Kevantlin

SCART cables:
    In general the SCART RGB only cables will produce a better video image than a SCART fully wired cable - we tend to supply the QED SQART or the SUPRA AV6 SCART RGB only cables; they are both very good cables with good screening and the only drawback on the QED SQART being that the cable is very stiff and sometimes has a habit of trying to un-seat itself from lightweight kit.

RGB input:
    The above assumes your TV (or display device) has SCART RGB inputs for your DVD and Digibox!

Digital Audio:
    You may want to consider a Co-axial Digital cable in favour of an Optical Digital - some say they prefer the 'sound' with a Co-axial over an Optical!

Speaker cables:
    It wont harm your JVC if you add in a better quality cable now - though you may not hear much of an improvement until you add in the more upmarket AV Amp. (I take it the JVC has binding posts that will take a thicker gauge of cable!).

Best regards

Joe

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    It's also worth thinking about whether you want automatic aspect switching and selection of that input. Maybe not necessary for DVD which is virtually all widescreen (and isn't too much hassle to change anyway), but is invaluable when watching Sky as different channels have different aspect ratios.

5. kevantlin

kevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice guys the jvc has sprung loaded little clips (cheap quality) do you think the silver annivesary will fit into that