1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RGB scart to VGA convertor - new product

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Boris Blank, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Interesting new product from Keene.co.uk, RGB scart to VGA convertor. The convertor is housed inside the scart itself and can be terminated with either a HD15 Vga plug or 5 BNC leads. Check it out under "New Products".

"Keene Electronics new SyncBlaster cables give you the power to easily connect RGB scart equipment directly to Plasma screens, LCD screens, and projectors. Most screens struggle to work on the paltry 0.3V sync provided from an ordinary RGB scart connection. Enter the SyncBlaster. Our fiendishly clever cable incorporates a fully functional sync separator and amplifier, providing the TTL level sync required for correct
    display operation. Avoiding the need for yet another black box we’ve managed to cram all of the essential electronics inside the actual scart plug body. Not only that, it can draw its power directly from the scart socket (pin 8) so for most applications there’s no power supply to worry about either! So useful its almost scary.
    Not suitable for use with monitors designed solely for computer use: The screen must support a horizontal scan rate of 15.625KHz – most projectors, plasma and LCD panels do, most CRT monitors don’t."

Could be handy for someone - thought I'd flag it up.
    Regards,
    Paul

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Wow! this could be the product for me. My projector will take 15.625 horizontal scan rate from composite/s-video and componant, but there is no mention of this scan rate for vga input in my hand book :confused: can anyone tell me if this will work on my Panasoinc PT-AE100 vga connected from my rgb scart out on my dvd player.

3. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just noticed this as I was reading HCC... half page advert near the back... sounds very promising.

link is http://www.keene.co.uk/system/keene.htm for the spec + price...
    £89.99 for a 10m cable is good if you compare it to price of a converter and 10m svideo cable.

I assume it should work fine with the panasonic by the description, plus it would also allow people to daisy chain both their dvd player and sky box into the projector very easily with just one cable.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    yes, my dvd player will loop rgb from my digi box. but will the Panasonic except the signal? :confused: