• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RGB Scart to Panasonic TV shows green tint from some sources

C

ChrisReed

I have just bought a Panasonic TX26LMD70, and mostly pleased, but 2 of 3 of my sources have a green tint when connecting to RGB Scart.
  • Cable box: Virgin cable, Samsung 2110 - RGB Scart, looks fine
  • DVD Player: Cambridge Audio DVD55 - RGB Scart, green tint to all blacks; there's no black shown, only a sickly dark green shade. Connect via S-Video to AV3 (S-Video/ Composite on the side of the TV) is fine.
  • Hauppauge MediaMVP (network media player): RGB scart (via cable box) - exactly the same green tint.
This all worked fine with my previous TV set (an Hitachi CRT), except the DVD player was only connected via S-Video Scart, as the old TV only had one RGB input.

Swapped cables, Scart connections, etc, same results.

Anyone else come across this? I'm wondering if it's picking up a sync on green signal or something weird like that. Or maybe there's a setting on the TV that needs tweaking (I've had a quick look, but nothing obvious)

D

Deleted member 30535

So how do you connect all Scart sources to the TV? Does the TV have multiple RGB enabled Scarts or do you use as Scart switch?

Welcome to the forums!! :thumbsup:

C

ChrisReed

So how do you connect all Scart sources to the TV? Does the TV have multiple RGB enabled Scarts or do you use as Scart switch?

Yes, the TV has two RGB-enabled Scarts. (and I get the same results from either socket)

I may well try the Component output, if I can dig out some more Phono cables; (is it really noticably different to RGB?); but the MediaMVP only has RGB output.

Thanks for the welcome.

D

Deleted member 30535

Although component with a progressive output can appear a bit better than the interlaced Scart at the same resolution, there may be an opportunity to run the DVD at a higher resolution (if it upscales) to the TV. Then again I doubt if you will see any major difference on a 26" screen.

Facewagon

Standard Member
I'm having exactly the same problem with my panasonic tx37lzd80 and my Cambridge Audio DVD55. Did connecting via component solve the problem?

C

ChrisReed

I'm having exactly the same problem with my panasonic tx37lzd80 and my Cambridge Audio DVD55. Did connecting via component solve the problem?

Yes, component from the DVD player was fine (and switching to progressive has improved picture quality). The MediaMVP is now connected via S-Video (not ideal, but good enough)

eddyad

I realize you solved the problem by using component. But one possibility in the scart set up might have been that the TV scart in was set to the wrong PAL variant if it can be altered; the UK uses PAL-I. It's unlikely the sources could be the problem as more than one source gave the same effect.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom